Thread: Rain Gear

Rain Gear

so im about tired of my BPS 100MPH suit here in florida. it is just to damn hot to put on this time of year when it rains. i would almost rather get soaked then put this thing on. I will be getting some new gear but wanted some options on what you long time florida folks use.

Thanks

2. Member
    I use BassPro basic Goretex bibs two sizes to big too let airflow. I wear 3xl and I’m 6’2” 270lbs.
    My top is a Columbia packable jacket, super lite.

I have a pair of basic Frog Toggs as another option, but usually duct tape the crotch and seams to prevent the inevitable blow out.

Born and raised in Florida, for what it’s worth.

T

20/20

3. Official BBC Highjacker bassboogieman's Avatar
    I have two light weight Cabelas goretex parkas. They are older jackets, no longer available, but similiar to the current Rainy River pac lite jackets. I've worn mine while fishing in the keys and they were comfortable and kept me dry. They have also held up very well with the oldest being about 10 years old.

4. Member
    Check out Kool Dri rain gear. I have been using a set for years as my hot weather raingear.
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

5. Member
    This time of year it's no rain gear for me. I fish in my swim shorts and if it rains I hold my hands up like I just escaped Shawshank Prison

6. Member
    Truthfully your best bet is swim trunks and a change of clothes in the truck for after. I use a Columbia outdry bib and jacket and they work great but if you aren’t peeling it off the second the rain stops your gonna get just as wet from sweat. Had same experience with the lightweight stuff from Stormr and the Frogg Toggs Toadskinz

the question is why would anyone wear raingear after the rain stops ?

8. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Careful carrying rain gear around in the boat.. It makes it rain!! I keep my decade old frogg toggs on hand for the rare occasion I get caught.. Does fine.

9. Banned
    Go to area Golf Courses/Country Clubs and get the good stuff You can move around in and is lightweight... If You can play Golf in it You can surely fish in it... Look for 'End of the Season Sales'

frog togs recently got a new set and the outside material is vinyl , much better then my first set which was the basic version. Put them to good use yesterday.

2019 RANGER Z518 - Mercury ProXS 150 4 Stroke

·...¸><((((º>
    .··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
    ·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

11. Member
    I am very happy with my Academy H20 rain suit. It’s the $200 set. Works very well for year round weather here. But as stated above, for summertime extra clothes lol

12. Member
    Thank you all. The swim trunks and change of cloths is they I’ve been going lol. Guess I’ll keep it going.