Question Winnisquam launch??

Planning on going up Saturday with my son, and haven't been to the lake since the '90s (and the state apparently put in a nice launch). Are there any issues with getting in and out there? What are the smallies keying on there bait-wise? Any recommendations for patterns to start with (besides my usual: find a point and drag stuff)?

Thanks!

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota

2. Member
    Boat launch is wicked nice, and very easy to find. https://goo.gl/maps/qchYKgXW5BLn771dA Plenty of free parking, and two ramps. Becomes a zoo if you're not there early.

As for the rest, I haven't fished there since May so nothing I can add to help out with unfortunately, sorry!

3. Member
    They're not as deep as you'd think. Grass is the key, and if you can find some rock mixed in even better. PM me if you'd like. I live 2 miles from the launch.

As a side note, and I'm sure others will agree, Winnisquam gets tough in the summer. There are still quality fish there though.
    thenhbassmaster@gmail.com
    2008 Ranger Z520 - Yamaha Vmax Series 2 250 - Minn Kota - Lowrance

4. Member
    My kid decided his mattress means more, headed out momentarily

5. Member
    Got a small limit of smallmouth off bottom grass in 10-12' between #12 and the eagles nest. Scouted out some cabbage patches in the main lake (including one 150'x150' one bordering a bouldered point), but couldn't buy a fish. Ended up fishing cabbage in LM country - got 3 good ones. Next trip: scout more cabbage, and find the routes they use to move in/out, so I can get bit all day.

With the damp, cool start, there wasn't anyone on the lake (only saw one family casting off a pontoon all day). Traffic in town and at the ramp was nonexistent. Wish every day in the lakes region could be like that!

Thanks gents!

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota