93SV Echomap Plus-down vu and side vu Settings.

Hello all, i was wondering if anyone had some good starting point settings for this unit I can try. It has the CV transducer and I am trying to use mostly the down vu for trying to find fish on structure. I bass fish and live in SC. I also use it to try to find brush piles and etc but just dont have much clarity on either the down or side vu. Its not bad but i hope someone has some better setting than i have. Every thing seems a little blurry and not crisp.

Thanks,Robert

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar

this was my first time out with the 93 back in winter

3. Member
    looks nice. Could you share your settings with me if you don't mind. Thanks,

4. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    backlight 100 percent
    brightness is around 30
    contrast is around 25-30
    auto on the speed works good but you can change to slowerif needed

5. Banned
    is contrast the same thing as gain? I got it... Thanks

6. Member
    Touch of class, do you feel you can effectively see fish (the dots on the screen over a ledge or brush pile) on the down Vue when scanning over structure like ledges and brush piles with this unit and settings? Thanks,

7. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Yes but it’s easier to run 2d with down if your doing that .Fish show up much better on 2d

8. Member
    Yes 2d does, but it seems like all the bass fishing pros and people teaching on youtube seem to prefer the down scan version for whatever reason. It maybe to identify the cover vs fish relationship to each other? Im not sure. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brigstone View Post
    Yes 2d does, but it seems like all the bass fishing pros and people teaching on youtube seem to prefer the down scan version for whatever reason. It maybe to identify the cover vs fish relationship to each other? Im not sure. Thanks
    Yes, 2d shows larger exaggerated fish returns due to its wider cone, but Down has much better clarity and superior target separation (seeing fish close to the bottom or cover, inside brushpiles, identifying multiple fish in a tight school, etc.).
    Garmin Pro Team

10. Banned
    I used the setting for the most and mine comes in great. Thanks for the help.