Digital Trim Gauge NMEA2000

I have my 2012 Etec 175 linked to my Lowrance HDS network via NMEA2000 and everything works great except the trim gauge always reads 0%. What is needed to make the trim gauge work?

I did some searching before I posted but couldn't find my answer, after looking into it some more I found an old thread that suggests I need to add a 47ohm 5 watt resistor between the purple and white/tan wire for the analog trim gauge. Just to confirm; I can take the harness off the analog trim gauge and add the resistor behind the dash?

3. Member
    The gauge you have now is directly connected to the trim transducer, not thru the ECM, not nmea 2k. If you want that info you'd have to change it out for the proper nmea ducer, but you'd lose the current gauge.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

I'm alright with loosing my current gauge. I just need to know how to convert that analog signal to digital. I read an article that suggests adding a 47ohm resistor across the purple and white/tan wire in place of the current gauge however it also says the gauge can stay there. Then it talks about calibrating the trim levels on the evinrude diagnostic software but my dealer didn't seem to think it was possible.

5. Member
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC