Thread: Houston

Houston

I will be in Houston next week for a training class, staying north close to the Bush airport. Looking for local eatery recommendations and maybe local attractions that can be done if a few hours. Thanks
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

Welcome to the Heat.

Pappasito's is a very good place to eat. Can be pricey though but worth it.
    Is the Potato Patch still around, been awhile but I enjoyed that place.
    Last edited by BMCD; 08-16-2019 at 08:07 AM.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    Union Kitchen in Kingwood

4. Member
    Astros will be in town all week. Second on Pappas and Union Kitchen. Relatively new BBQ place in New Caney just north called The Rusty Buckle that is outstanding. They have limited hours and close when they sell out, but it's worth it if you can catch it.
    2014 920/SHO

Brick House Tavern is right there in Humble, so is Taqueria Arandas. Both great places to get a bite to eat. Potato Patch is still around and about 20-30 minutes from you depending on 1960 traffic.
    Currently boatless but will always drive a Bass Cat

Thanks all for the tips. I will report back. Was looking at the Astros game tomorrow as it is the one night I have plenty of time.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson

Flew United for the first time and am not a fan. Flight Monday was supposed to leave at 11:39 am lifted off after 5. Then we were an hour + late getting in on Friday. Eats were good tho. Hit a place called The Draft Monday late, wings and onion rings were good. Pappasitos Tuesday, food was good and service was good, a little overpriced but was warned about that. Union Kitchen Wednesday was excellent, had a strip steak that was near perfect. Pappas seafood the last night, dozen oysters to start and a shrimp, scallop and fish combo was the best meal of the week. Thanks again for the leads

United has really went downhill in the last few years. I still choose them more than American though.
    Currently boatless but will always drive a Bass Cat

Sounds like you gained some weight.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team