Question Brake pad wear question

On a Ranger 2006 trailer do the outside brake pads wear more than the inside pads? Slider pins are lubed every year and caliper is not sticking in any way. Brake pad wear is the same on both sides of the trailer. Thanks.

The side that has the caliper piston will wear twice as fast as the non-piston side generally.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

3. Member
    Mine is just the opposite.

4. mikesxpress
    Your outboard pad is hanging up. Disassemble the caliper, wire brush clean the travel surfaces for the pads, (I paint mine with high temp caliper paint), lube the pin, reassemble.

5. Member
    I found the problem. Actually the only pad that was providing any brake function and not hanging up was the outside pad, the inner pad was hanging up in a groove the pad slide tabs wore in the travel surface of the caliper. So what was happening is as the caliper piston pushed on the inner pad it would bind/hang up in the worn groove which would stop the pad from contacting the rotor. Thankfully the slider pins functioned as designed and allowed the outer pad to contact the rotor and provide braking force and then release so no overheating was ever experienced. Basically half the caliper was working. New calipers and pads on order.