2018 Triton 2018 250 proxs

My smart craft is showing something I haven’t noticed till tonight is will show 304 then Stn1 then 46 then engine temp when I turn the key on to start the engine what’s up with that ?? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

<EDIT- ADD SERIAL #2B526939>
    Last edited by EuropeanAM; 09-06-2019 at 10:48 AM.
    Bassman1987

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

Might want to use your phone to record a Video of the Startup Screens- I suspect your descriptions are "close" to what's displaying (a Software Version Number, a Level Number, etc).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    In the post a read mine is the system monitor not the mercromitor I’m sorry but not sure what I’m needing for extra info
    Bassman1987

4. Member
    Try reading the "Announcement" at the top of the forum page about posting.

PLEASE READ Before Posting..... Updated 10/05/2017

Welcome to the Mercury 3 Liter and 3 Liter High Performance Forum!

In this forum, we are trying to focus primarily on the newer, emissions rated 3 Liter engines (it's also acceptable to post questions on Various Optimax, ProXS, EFI or 300X/XS's motors).

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:

Please ensure that your post conforms to the guidelines below. This helps to ensure a smooth-running forum, and allows those of us offering advise to provide the most accurate answers available. If your post does not conform to these Announcements, it may be edited or deleted by moderator.

When you post, it is very helpful if you will include the following (Items in RED are Required):

Engine Serial Number
    2. Year/Make/Model
    3. Prop you are Running
    4. Current Maximum RPM
    5. Idle and WOT Water Pressure Readings
    6. Smartcraft or Analog Instruments?

(Information in red is Required)- if you do not provide the required information- you may be asked to provide the information before proceeding with answers (or post deleted if the information is not provided within a reasonable time, or after reminder/request).

Providing the required (appropriate) information will help those of us who are answering questions provide you with the most ACCURATE information available to us.

• Please refrain from posting items in this forum that don't relate "at all" to Mercury Engines... there are plenty of appropriate forums for such postings.
    • As threads come along that address "common issues", I will be "pinning" them to the top of the forum in the "Commonly Asked- Commonly Used" sticky post- for easy access to all members.
    • Please check the "Commonly Asked- Commonly Used" post to make sure your answer isn't already posted there. Also refer to your engine owner's manual (or a Service Manual)- MANY common questions can be answered there quickly.
    • Please place "For Sale" items in their appropriate forums. Any business adds, business website links (or business items) should be CURRENT BBC Sponsors.
    • PLEASE, ABSOLUTELY ONLY ONE ENGINE PER POST. Start a new thread for separate engines, or separate members to help avoid confusion!
    • Don't be shy: IMO, the only "stupid question is the one that is never asked". So... if you've got a question, just ask it. I've asked some of the "best techs on BBC" to "eye in" on this forum, and there is a wealth of information available!
    • Also, please remember that the "experts, tech's, do-it-yourselfers, and well-seasoned owners" that answer questions here do this as volunteers... so please try to be nice! Differences in opinion and occasional disagreements may arise, and that's fine. We just don't want to see anyone "bashing" a valued volunteer, which in the end, costs all our BBC members (when we lose the "bashee's" valuable input).
    • Please, do NOT post negative comments directly naming dealers, sponsors, or brands/products on these boards. They are in poor taste, and usually just reflect poorly on you as the poster. Any such posts will very likely result in your post hitting the "round file" (or worse, at the sole discretion of moderators/administrators)!
    • This forum is for CONSTRUCTIVE, helpful advise and assistance. Please refrain from posting rants... they are seldom productive, and will likely be deleted.
    • E-Bay, Auction, Amazon or Clearance Auction purchased items are not supported here. Please contact the seller of those items (directly) for support on any items purchased from such sources.
    • Moderator's decisions are FINAL. If you are admonished by a moderator, please take it to heart. If your post is edited, deleted, or otherwise marked as an infraction- please read what is said and follow it.

Thank you, in advance, for your cooperation with the above guidelines. Those of us assisting in this forum look forward to providing you with the best support we can, and look forward to helping make your Mercury Engine Experience enjoyable!

Regarding the subject of volunteer's and advise offered, read, or posted here
    :

Please remember that you, as the consumer, are responsible to use your own best judgment in regards to any advise offered, requested, or taken. Comments written/posted are merely opinions, whether or not they are based on fact, written material or conjecture, and should be treated as such. By owning and or operating any High Performance motor (or any other motor covered by these boards), you must understand that there are risks involved, both "expected, and unexpected". Ultimately, you (as the consumer) are responsible for your own safety.

Under no circumstances shall BBC, it's owners/officers, any BBC member, Sponsor, individual, company, or corporation be held liable for personal injury, property damage, or any cause outside of their immediate control that results from any information viewed in this forum.

By reading and/or posting on this board/forum, you have electronically agreed to the preceding disclaimer- and to abide by the items above.

As always... please remember to support our BBC Sponsors- who help to make this forum possible!

5. Member
    Sorry for the confusion model # 1251P73BD ser#2B526939 2018 Mercury 250 proxs running a 25 pitch fury turning 600
    rpm at idle 5200 wot about 5lb of water pressure at idle about 18 at wot the gauge is a square gauge says mercury Smartcraft when the turn the key on it says 304 then stn1 then 46 I cannot load the video I have taken or I would thanks for any help given
    Last edited by Travis hooper; 08-16-2019 at 08:00 PM.
    Bassman1987

6. Member
    Like Don said, 304 is most likely the version (probably 3.04), stn1 is your single engine, 46 should be engine hours when viewing on a Smartcraft System Monitor. It's been a LONG time since I had mine (replaced with Mercmonitor) so memory is more than a bit foggy on that.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

7. Member
    Thanks sir I guess I had just never seen that all I had ever seen when I turned the key on is temp
    Bassman1987

8. Member
    After adding all required info no reply back I’m hoping Silver Fox is right thank you sir for your reply have a great day
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis hooper View Post
    Sorry for the confusion model # 1251P73BD ser#2B526939 2018 Mercury 250 proxs running a 25 pitch fury turning 600
    rpm at idle 5200 wot about 5lb of water pressure at idle about 18 at wot the gauge is a square gauge says mercury Smartcraft when the turn the key on it says 304 then stn1 then 46 I cannot load the video I have taken or I would thanks for any help given
    Bassman1987

9. Member
    Alot of times no reply is given/needed, If the question has already been answered.

10. Member
    Thank you
    Bassman1987

11. Member
    You also need to be aware the Smartcraft System Monitor is decades old technology that has been out of production for several years. There are, however, piles of them squirreled away at many dealerships, discount wholesalers, online retailers, etc. Amazed your 2018 boat was rigged with one and you might consider Vessel View mobile for an economical upgrade using current technology.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

12. Member
    Thanks sir yes I will be changing it out can’t figure why Triton would still use them now that I’ve researched them thanks for you help
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox579 View Post
    You also need to be aware the Smartcraft System Monitor is decades old technology that has been out of production for several years. There are, however, piles of them squirreled away at many dealerships, discount wholesalers, online retailers, etc. Amazed your 2018 boat was rigged with one and you might consider Vessel View mobile for an economical upgrade using current technology.
    Bassman1987