Water in battery compartment

Anyone have issue or fix for excessive water making its way into the battery compartment? This boat is a 2019 trx elite. Have not had this issue on Previous Tritons. Backwash, rain etc makes its way into the battery compartment and fills up the storage trays hanging there too.

2. Member
    As far as the backwash goes, u can eliminate that by giving your boat throttle just before it sets down from coming off pad. Ur basically just trying to stay ahead of the backwash until the bow drops, bringing the rear up, so the backwash hits the transom instead of coming over it.

3. Member
    Possibly livewells not sealed.

4. Member
    Fills up the storage trays? So water is seeping in from the top? Sounds like it needs a new seal/gasket around the top lip
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

5. Member
    Yes new boat. Never had this issue on previous Tritons
    Last edited by ccm; 08-24-2019 at 10:19 PM.

6. Member
    When did you purchase the boat? I'd be taking it back to the dealer for them to Warranty repair it if it was recent.
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scud View Post
    Possibly livewells not sealed.
    Also potential for leaks around the ladder. It's a new boat. Get it back to your dealer for diagnosis and repair.

8. Member
    I have the same issue in a 2020. Haven’t even launched the boat yet, so definitely precipitation related, not back wash. Worst compartments are the battery and starboard front.

I also have issues with the Verado tilting and trimming on its own. Likely also due to a switch or harness being shorted out from water accumulation somewhere.
    2020 Triton 216 Fishunter
    Mercury V8 300 Verado (2B646603)

9. Banned
    My 2017 20 TRX PAT has no seal or weather seal on the battery compartment lid. Lots of other Triton models do not as well. I guess this is something new on the 2019 models. Anyway the only time I got water in mine that filled up the black storage trays was from a heavy rain while the boat was parked nose down.

I fixed this issue with the trays filling up by drilling 4 small holes at each corner. One would think the trays need holes to drain.
    Now if its filling up in the bottom something is leaking. Most times the thru hull fittings are not sealed.

10. Member

USA

I have a 2004 196 and it has NO rubber gaskets on the battery compartment lid, but I also don't use the trays.

They probably didn’t fit the drain hoses in the corners of the battery hatch, there’s a small fitting for drainage in each corner
    2018 TRX 18. 2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8

12. Member
    Battery compartments are normally not sealed. Sealing in gases formed by the battery charging process and fuel tanks can have explosive results.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rpr View Post
    I have the same issue in a 2020. Haven’t even launched the boat yet, so definitely precipitation related, not back wash. Worst compartments are the battery and starboard front.

I also have issues with the Verado tilting and trimming on its own. Likely also due to a switch or harness being shorted out from water accumulation somewhere.
    Yes, same issue had electrical problem shorting out. Boat would not turn over and trim stopped working

14. Member
    Just to clarify there is no seal/ gasket around battery compartment as most have pointed out. Not needed there it sounds like