Caracal vs. Eyra

I'm new to the Bass Cat brand so bear with me here!

I'm a few months away from purchasing a new boat. I've narrowed it down to two different boat brands but for Bass Cat I can't decide between the Caracal or the Eyra.

Can anyone tell me how the Caracal is 4" shorter than the Eyra but 1" longer in storage length? Those dimensions came from the online brochure.
    Does anyone know if those dimensions include a jack plate? and/or can anyone verify the OAL with the tongue swung open?

Can you get the removable passenger console on both models?

Any input, suggestions, pros/cons, or must haves that you can share on either the Caracal or the Eyra would be much appreciated!

The measurements were supposed to have been in detail with trolling motors and flipped pivot tongues. You can shrink the jack plates to 3” and drop the trailer tongues back on a custom build if you need a few inches.

3. Member
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

4. Member
    Great info posted above. From experience, the OAL posted by BassCat for storage length is very accurate. My garage just holds my boat...so the #'s they post are spot on. And they have been updated to account for the v8 Mercs (since they are a bit more aft than the old Opti's). The reason for the OAL/storage length differences is due to how the boat sits on the trailer. BassCat makes the trailer specifically for each model. Example: a Cougar/Puma is just 2" longer than an Eyra...but is 6-7" longer storage length due to how it sits on the trailer.

As for the boat choices...both are totally awesome choices. Caracal would probably be a top seller if you could put a 250 on it. It very quick as is and is much wider than the Eyra. (consider it a sporty pick-up). The Eyra...is Corvette/Porsche/Ferrari. It's lower, narrower, faster and turns like an F1 car !!!! But don't let the 'narrower than a Caracal' front deck fool you...we fished High School for years with 2 up front and me on back. No issues.

I'd highly suggest at least sitting in each before making your decision....but the quality, fit & finish is exceptional on both !!!
    2020 BassCat Eyra w/Merc v8 Pro XS (2b685615)
    2008 Triton TR196 w/Merc200 (1B505505)
    2024 Havoc Alum Duck boat w/ Mod Mercury 3-cyl 2-stroke
    0T899507 w/1B728726 powerhead (sleeved/ported/welded chambers, mod carbs/tuner &light flywheel)
    Previously owned:
    2018 Eyra w/Merc250 (2b525704)
    2015 PII w/Merc200 (2b115304)
    Brooks tunnel w/Merc 200 carb & CLE l/u motor (A913415)

Both will be able to be angled into a garage and fit normally. I have done it with a caracal and now puma in a 20x20 garage without wheel dollies. I would look more at the two boats in the details of what type of fishing you plan on doing. Those two rigs are very different platforms. If you are trying to back straight in, different jack plates may accomodate some shorter total length. Bass cat can "shrink" up some of the width and length on these boats on custom orders by tweaking the trailer slightly.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"