Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2020 Skeeter FXR update and review

I've owned A LOT of bass boats. I'm currently running an 18 Phoenix 921 xp. The 2020 Skeeter FXR has me really excited about a boat for the first time in a long time. Come on Skeeter guys, let's get some updates and start a post with pics of these FXRs! I've watched every youtube video. I'm ready for some real world opinions! Is there going to be a Sho R motor?

I was even more impressed after seeing a couple in person recently. One of the sharpest models from any brand I have seen in several years.

3. Member
    Saw one this week in person for the first time. Best looking boat I've ever seen, and from what I've heard, it rides and handles as good as it looks.

4. Member
    Saw one in the showroom - looks great! Wonder how they will sell?

5. Member
    they will sell great because skeeter didnt jack the price way up on them now the market will go down a little on the used fx an the zx models because the newly designed boat is not much more than last years fx.

Quote Originally Posted by keoweeskeeter View Post
    Saw one in the showroom - looks great! Wonder how they will sell?

The few that a local dealer has gotten in have all sold the same day they hit the floor.

7. Member
    They wont sit on show rooms for long at all. One of the best looking boats to come out in a while. I'm still partial to the phoenix but these are sweet

8. Member
    I love Skeeters and I will have to see one in person before I make my final judgment but to me Skeeter finally caught up to other manufactures in making the front deck bigger. Everything else from what I've only seen in pictures is pretty much cosmetic or things other manufactures have been putting on boats for a while now. They will still sell because there is always a market for high end products. Now if Skeeter puts that hull on all the ZX models that would be great. Just my brother's opinion but he was at his dealer and they had a new FXR and Phoenix side by side and he said he liked the Phoenix better and he is a die hard Skeeter guy.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

9. Member
    The fxr isn’t a bad looking boat but the build quality and customer service would have me steer clear of a skeeter.

One thing I guess that I am thankful for is if the FXR had dropped about 4 weeks sooner I would have been hard pressed not to buy one instead of the new ZX I bought. The positive side is I probably saved myself $12,000-15,000.................

Quote Originally Posted by BASStex1988 View Post
    The fxr isn’t a bad looking boat but the build quality and customer service would have me steer clear of a skeeter.
    I've talked to 2 different and very popular fiberglass shops about Skeeter as of late. Both say they are among one of the easiest manufacturer's to work with regarding warranty work and that they try and do right by the customer when an issue comes up.

Skeeter boats, for the 18th Consecutive year for excellence in customer satisfaction, by CSI.

The Marine Industry CSI program honors companies that maintain a customer satisfaction rating of 90% or higher.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I.P. Freely View Post
    Skeeter boats, for the 18th Consecutive year for excellence in customer satisfaction, by CSI.

The Marine Industry CSI program honors companies that maintain a customer satisfaction rating of 90% or higher.
    But then you have people on this forum that are getting the s*** end of the stick by them? Like I said I really like the looks of them but from what I have seen and from what good friends have had to deal with they have not done what is right. I hope to all that buy them have great success with them.

But then you have people on this forum that are getting the s*** end of the stick by them? Like I said I really like the looks of them but from what I have seen and from what good friends have had to deal with they have not done what is right. I hope to all that buy them have great success with them.
    Always 2 sides to every story no matter the brand. I have ran Skeeters on and off for a good while and have yet to have them not step up when needed. I have had very few issues but they have been responsive when needed. Most situations should get handled at the dealer level as well if you have a really good dealer.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 08-19-2019 at 10:15 PM.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Always 2 sides to every story no matter the brand. I have ran Skeeters on and off for a good while and have yet to have them not step up when needed. I have had very few issues but they have been responsive when needed. Most situations should get handled at teh dealer levela s well if you have a really good dealer.
    Agreed. Dealer needs to do there part.

16. Member
    X2 on dealers. That’s the problem on all boats. We will sell them but don’t want to help when
    problems occur. Kind of like insurance companies. “We want your money, but not your problems”

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance B View Post
    X2 on dealers. That’s the problem on all boats. We will sell them but don’t want to help when
    problems occur. Kind of like insurance companies. “We want your money, but not your problems”
    Your comment “want your money not your problems” is spot on!

Your comment “want your money not your problems” is spot on!
    Find a better dealer...problem solved. I can name two right here in Texas that are excellent Skeeter dealers. Some other Texas dealers are excellent dealers of other brands. There are some really good ones out there if you do your research and take the time to find them. Most want your return business so unless you are that 1% of the customer base that can't be satisfied they want you back again and again buying more boats.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Find a better dealer...problem solved. I can name two right here in Texas that are excellent Skeeter dealers. Some other Texas dealers are excellent dealers of other brands. There are some really good ones out there if you do your research and take the time to find them. Most want your return business so unless you are that 1% of the customer base that can't be satisfied they want you back again and again buying more boats.
    Min not sure what direction you’re trying to go with you’re comment. But good luck to you. And as far as the dealer comment. Yes a dealer should take care of you and back the customer. But at the end of the day if it’s BOAT issues it’s a SKEETER issue. The dealer is a middleman to help resolve. But it’s up to skeeter to right the wrong not the dealer.

20. Member
    Skeeter doesn' t deal with issues unless the dealer deams it beyond the dealers capabilities. An excellent dealer should make you forget the boat even came from a manufacturer. Same as vehicles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast