Helix 10 kvd with navionics Satellite Overlay with SonarChart™ Shading

Hoping you fellas might could answer a question about using the navionics features with my Helix 10 SI KVD unit. I picked up a hotmaps platinum card off the forum here and followed the instructions from navionics website to enable the advanced features for satellite overlay and sonarchart shading but I don't see any overlay features on my maps yet. I can zoom in and see the 1' contours, but no satellite views, the water color depths all seem to be the same color blue to me. Does anyone know if those advanced features work with this older model helix? I appreciate any insight...

Thanks
    Scott

Did you check the lake list for the waters that have the Sonar Chart Shading feature?

Did you update the map card so it has that feature or was the card made after that feature was initiated?

Satellite overlay will only be around lakes that are Navionics Nautical Charts in HD. Nautical Charts is Navionics maps.

Sonar Charts are not Navionics maps, they are created from unit user sonar logs uploaded to the Sonar Charts program and all of those are HD.
    Their accuracy is only as good as the data collected and can be all error if the equipment is not setup to do accurate contour mapping.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

One more thing, you have to select FishNChip maps in the main Chart menu Map Source to display Sonar Charts maps.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

4. Member
    Wayne,
    I haven't updated the card yet. Didn't want to spend even more money if my bird doesn't support it....
    I have fish-n-chips selected as the map source..

Thanks for info sir.

5. Member
    Everything Wayne said was correct. You will more than likely need to update the card to get those advanced features like SonarChart Shading and Satellite. Once you have it updated, those features need to be turned on in your unit for them to be visible.