SI contour mode?

Does garmin offer “contour” mode on side imaging like humminbird? Basically it removes the black under the boat section and stitches together the bottom on each side.

It removes the water column like this:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Yes. Looked interesting as i try to keep my range limited due to screen size but if its deep half the screen is used up on the water column

4. Member
    I'm speculating or maybe better just guessing. Seems that everyone that has side imaging has it under license from Humminbird. And I can't imagine that Hbird allowed that license to be 100% the whole SI store.

Funny!! And what I want is just the opposite, especially this time of year. I want the auto range to be auto set to just barely more than the depth so that all I see is the water column. I've requested this for years but to no avail. My walleye are running at 80-110 depths as of this morning. So I run SideVu fixed at 150 ft and I'm looking for them in the water column. Eliminating the water column would be a disaster for my current situation. Really don't care to see the bottom.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    I'm speculating or maybe better just guessing. Seems that everyone that has side imaging has it under license from Humminbird. And I can't imagine that Hbird allowed that license to be 100% the whole SI store.

Funny!! And what I want is just the opposite, especially this time of year. I want the auto range to be auto set to just barely more than the depth so that all I see is the water column. I've requested this for years but to no avail. My walleye are running at 80-110 depths as of this morning. So I run SideVu fixed at 150 ft and I'm looking for them in the water column. Eliminating the water column would be a disaster for my current situation. Really don't care to see the bottom.

That feature was added for a couple of purposes and neither has to do with fishing.
    Some don't want or need the water column, just want to see the bottom and not have screen space taken up by the water column.
    Wreck hunters, and Search and Rescue.

It is better than using a towfish to get a better look at the bottom.
    I took that screen shot during a SAR operation.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Does the EM+93SV have the "contour" feature? How do you access it?

7. Member
    My walleye are running at 80-110 depths as of this morning. So I run SideVu fixed at 150 ft and I'm looking for them in the water column.
    is this a situation where TVG would come in handy?

8. Member
    Sounds like its a humminbird only thing.

Quote Originally Posted by swglenn View Post
    Does the EM+93SV have the "contour" feature? How do you access it?