Motor Guide Pro Series?

I have a Motor Guide Pro Series that has just had the foot control cable replaced.
    The foot now has some play. When you change direction; the play cause a clunk at the pedal as if something is going to break. I can not adjust the screw any more to take the play out; doing so; I can not get the pin back into the clevis. There is a sleeve there; if it was longer I am sure the play could be taken out that way. Not sure if you can get a longer sleeve? Could use some help from Mr. Jones or someone.
    Thanks

2. Member
    I would look at the rack and pinion in the head to see if it is not loose. Usually don't have much play in foot pedal when a cable is installed. Check also if the steer cable is secure on both ends. there are grooves in the jacket of the cable that screws fit into to secure the jacket on both ends.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    I would look at the rack and pinion in the head to see if it is not loose. Usually don't have much play in foot pedal when a cable is installed. Check also if the steer cable is secure on both ends. there are grooves in the jacket of the cable that screws fit into to secure the jacket on both ends.
    Agree with this. Also, in the head make sure the cable is screwed in good to the rack guide and make sure there is no broken screw post where the rack guide screws in.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

4. Member
    Thank You Both!