Turkey Bacon in Smoker?

Just wondering if anyone has ever wrapped their chicken breast or steaks in turkey bacon before putting in smoker? We don’t eat pork (no offense meant to anyone that does eat pork), and I’m wondering if turkey bacon has the same effect and how to adjust cook times/expectations for it?

2. Member
    TURKEY BACON--Turkey bacon is a meat prepared from chopped, formed, cured, and smoked turkey.
    Here's a look at the list of ingredients from a package of Butterball Turkey Bacon:

Poultry ingredients(Turkey, Mechanically Separated Turkey), Water, Salt, Sugar, Contains 2% or less of Canola Oil, Sunflower Oil, Natural Flavor, Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite.

With traditional pork bacon, we know we're frying up the fatty cut of the belly. But turkey bacon doesn't act like bacon; it certainly doesn't look like bacon, or even like a straightforward cut of meat at all. And that's because it isn't. The list of ingredients makes it clear (at least in Butterball's turkey bacon product). Turkey bacon is lots of different mechanically-separated turkey parts that have been ground together and shaped to become "bacon" -- with the help of oil to make it taste good, of course. Mmmmmm.

So I would say ​NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Member
    I would doubt it as I would think it just doesnt have the fat content that pork bacon has. Doesnt mean it would be bad but probably not going to be like pork.

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    I would doubt it as I would think it just doesnt have the fat content that pork bacon has. Doesnt mean it would be bad but probably not going to be like pork.

This. i’ve had it but calling it ‘bacon’ is a stretch. Maybe coating it with olive oil would keep it from drying out. Give it a shot and let us know.

5. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Turkey bacon is great on the Blackstone

6. Member
    When I hear the words turkey and bacon used together in same sentence I am wqlking the other way. (its like when it says plant burger taste like real hamburger)

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mark482vs View Post
    When I hear the words turkey and bacon used together in same sentence I am wqlking the other way. (its like when it says plant burger taste like real hamburger)
    LOL never heard it called a plant burger before. Thats pretty funny

I will say though that if you have not tried a black bean burger give them a try. No they are not like ground beef but they are good for a change up.