Nose dropping off roller when launching

Anyone have this problem with their Phoenix? Does it ever hit the spare? I am picking up my 20 PHX next week and wondering about this. Seems like there are several comparisons on here to the Triton and when I had mine this was an issue. With Phoenix being owned by a fisherman and a different trailer manufacturer I figured this may not be an issue. I have had prior boats drop of the roller pretty substantially when launching each time. I know with really steep ramps most boats do this.

To deep

2018 Phoenix 921
    2018 Mercury 250 Pro xs
    Hotrod

3. Banned
    I only have this issue when unloading on a steep CHEAP made ramps. The nice steady ramps should drop when unloading unless you're backing too fast and going in too deep at the same time.

4. Member
    thanks

5. Member
    It depends on the luck of the draw I'm afraid. Mine dropped off badly. I put a shim kit in and that helped a great deal. I was pushing the boat off in May, and it dropped off in my right hand. If I could post a picture on this board I'd post my fingernail almost 3 months later It appears by time Nov rolls around my finger nail will be back in normal state.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 920Bassin View Post
    I only have this issue when unloading on a steep CHEAP made ramps.
    This is many ramps in Texas. Our ramps are steep to account for droughts, but since the lakes are full, I've had mine drop off and the tongue piece on my ultrex hit the roller and flew off.
    2022 Phoenix 721 / 250 Mercury ProXs / MK Ultrex
    HB Helix 12 G4N / Garmin 106sv / Livescope

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DEFMP View Post
    This is many ramps in Texas. Our ramps are steep to account for droughts, but since the lakes are full, I've had mine drop off and the tongue piece on my ultrex hit the roller and flew off.
    Sounds like launching very slowly might help but if its going to hit its probably going to hit. On my prior legend there was never any drop off. Every boat and setup seems to have ups and downs.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassm1n View Post
    Sounds like launching very slowly might help but if its going to hit its probably going to hit. On my prior legend there was never any drop off. Every boat and setup seems to have ups and downs.
    yes but watch your hands. I was easing mine off on a 'non-steep' ramp and forgot about my hand location vs. roller. I won't forget again.

here is a test. unhook your bow in your garage. see if you can bulge your nose??? I am +50 now but once could pick up the back of a fwd celica. I can't budge my nose and I am 100% certain I could if it required less then 200# of force
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

9. Member
    I solved my going under the roller issues on my 618 by spraying the front third of the bunks with liquid roller. I don’t have to back in as deep for loading or unloading which keeps you from going under the roller. It was a two year process . The trailer bunks were low and were raised by the plant Oct of 16 using my boat to reset the tooling. Added the stoltz roller which allowed the roller to roll. Leveled the trailer . The marine master trailer sits lower than most trailers requiring more drop. All these helped with the bunk adjustment making the biggest difference but the liquid roller solved the problem. The boat now loads and unloads like all the previous boats I’ve owned. One negative for some is having to keep it hooked going up or down the ramp but I did that anyway. One word of caution. If you back in the same depth as you did before spraying be prepared to jump in after unhooking. She will get off the trailer.

10. Member
    My drops off the roller and i stop backing up as soon as boat starts to move/ float so I know I'm not too deep. Not a huge deal but I'm afraid it will rip off my trolling motor piece one day.
    2018 Phoenix 819 / 2018 Mercury 200 Pro XS