Z518 Recessed TM tray

Hey guys, I have a Z518 intercoastal. Has SeaDek on it. On the front deck there is spot that looks like it would be for a Recessed TM tray. Looking through the compartment behind the bow seat it just looks like a tub. How do I get inside of this thing. On the front deck it almost looks like it could be a compartment lid. Is there screws underneath the SeaDek or is this thing glued in? Thanks in advance. I will attempt to attactch a pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2016 Skeeter ZX225. 2016 Yamaha 225SHO
    99 Hells Bay Whipray. 99 Mercury 40

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Not a lot of Intercoastals around. Have you asked Ranger or a Ranger dealer down there? Someone will be along eventually to answer your question.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Thank you for your response. What I've found, it looks like it's glued down.
    2016 Skeeter ZX225. 2016 Yamaha 225SHO
    99 Hells Bay Whipray. 99 Mercury 40

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I figured that. How to pry it up without making a mess is, I’m sure you must be thinking, the tricky part. All of the [recent model] carpeted Rangers with built-in trolling trays have to be cut to reveal the opening. And Ranger has a template for locating that cut. If you contact them, I’ll bet they have a similar template for your boat—or it’s the same one. To use that troller tray, eventually you would have to cut that covering, so maybe the way to go, rather than potentially make a mess trying to pry it up, is just cut (carefully!). Good luck.
    Last edited by jc2bg; 08-16-2019 at 04:57 AM.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

5. Member
    i had a 2016 518 imtracoastal with the same issue. sent mine to a fiberglass shop to remove the block off plate. they told me took them hrs to get the plate off, was glued down . dealer ordered the new mat for the deck with the recess cut out.