Any of you all carry a Back Up Gun also?

been giving this more thought. I normally carry a S&W Shield or my Sig P239 both single stacks in 9MM.
    have been looking more at getting something small like a Ruger EC9s for a BUG gun and carrying it in a Ankle holster as I wear jeans or pants most of the time.
    just curious if any of you carry a BUG and what is it and how do you carry it.

2. Banned
    I carry a P220 for work and a S&W 340PD as a back-up. When not working, only one revolver.

3. Member
    I carry ether a Glock 19,26, or 48 in a IWB holster and a Glock 19 in my EDC sling pack that I always have with me, never needed it so far but what the heck.

Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    I carry a P220 for work and a S&W 340PD as a back-up. When not working, only one revolver.
    I have a P220 also and have thought about carrying it some and I will when the cold time of year gets here due to its size. one thing I have been wanting to add to it is a light. do you have a light on the P220 of yours?

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I have a P220 also and have thought about carrying it some and I will when the cold time of year gets here due to its size. one thing I have been wanting to add to it is a light. do you have a light on the P220 of yours?
    No light. Just a standard 220 Elite.

6. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    I have carried my glock 19 and m&p 9 both with a back up gun before. Dont make it a habit but i have depending on what im doing, who i am with and where we will be going. Its never much of a back up. Usually a smith and wesson bodyguard 380 or NAA mini revolver.
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

7. Member
    I don't carry a backup and I don't carry enough ammo for a fire fight. I do good to get my stuff not to print, still be comfortable and accessible. Was easier before I lost weight.

8. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I just carry one. Just purchased a Kimber Master Carry this morning. It should be here next week.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Danbleume View Post
    I don't carry a backup and I don't carry enough ammo for a fire fight. I do good to get my stuff not to print, still be comfortable and accessible. Was easier before I lost weight.
    Interesting you should mention that it was easier before you lost weight. Just the other day I was thinking, "this gun would be a lot more comfortable on my hip if I wasn't so fat!" Thinking of starting to carry in the small of my back.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

10. Member
    I just carry the Kimber. If I thought I might need a back up Id carry a Wilson instead. Roddy you will like the Master Carry. Yeah it might print a little but people have their head shoved so far up their cell phone, they will never notice.

11. Member
    I carry a 45 Springfield XDs with the 4” barrel and a 32 keltec for a small back up. Also have a 380 ruger that I carry in place of the Springfield depending on where I’m going.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AirForceAngler View Post
    Interesting you should mention that it was easier before you lost weight. Just the other day I was thinking, "this gun would be a lot more comfortable on my hip if I wasn't so fat!" Thinking of starting to carry in the small of my back.
    Have you thought about carrying IWB up front? I keep mine just off center its the most comfortable place I have found and also quickly accessible.