Helix 10 loosing power

Narrowed down to the clamshell that plugs into back of unit not maintaining good connection. Put bow clamshell on and get same (unit goes off intermittently). Is there a fix for this clamshell (quick connect) or should I plug and unplug each connection independently? I remove both graphs nightly when I’m on road for tournaments etc..

Thank you for any suggestions.

2. Member
    Following, same issue!! Dielectric grease added to all connections but doesn't help when using clamshell connection. A bit further, if I manually hold the clamshell tight the unit I will not lose power.

3. Member
    Open up the collector cover and push the power plug in the direction of the unit, you'll then see a small gap at the back of the plug.
    Fill that gap with something. Tape may work. I used small tye wraps trimmed and wedged in between the gaps, no problems since.
    Also be sure to support the wires coming out of the back of the collector. As the boat bounces it puts wear on the release tabs.
    You want to minimize any movement when the boat hits bumps.
    Console [HELIX 10MSI G3N || HELIX 10MSI G3N]
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]
    [X2 GROUP 31] x 3 || [Battleborn 31 lithium]
    Alumacraft Voyageur 175/Yamaha VF115LA

4. Member
    I am new to humminbird. can someone show pics? thanks

5. Member
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]

6. Member
    I would like to add a follow up on this. I did in fact put a piece of toothpick in thegap behind the plug to keep it pushedfurther up in the collector cover and sit tighter to the unit. This unfortunately did not work and the unit continuedto shut off randomly. I also noticed Iwas getting various volt readings to the unit, it was plugged in to the boardunder the dash. I ran new power linesdirectly to the battery and the volt issue was corrected, still did not fixrandom power loss when using collector cover. I now have eliminated collector cover and have had no issues with unitturning off since.

Quote Originally Posted by medicaldude View Post
    I would like to add a follow up on this. I did in fact put a piece of toothpick in thegap behind the plug to keep it pushedfurther up in the collector cover and sit tighter to the unit. This unfortunately did not work and the unit continuedto shut off randomly. I also noticed Iwas getting various volt readings to the unit, it was plugged in to the boardunder the dash. I ran new power linesdirectly to the battery and the volt issue was corrected, still did not fixrandom power loss when using collector cover. I now have eliminated collector cover and have had no issues with unitturning off since.
    I hate it when there is more than 1 problem causing a similar issue ..... glad you got it ironed out.
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**
    __________________________________________________ ___

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by medicaldude View Post
    So you've left the cover of the collector off and now it's fine?
    I'm just curious how it stays plugged in that way and the pieces don't pop out now?

9. Member
    Use a electric meter check voltage on the power wire. With the two leads carefully. Make sure no other units or devices are connected on the power system. See what voltage shows on power wire. If the power wire that mounts inside the clamshell has a link, carefully bend power cable other direction and see if the voltage drops out. Where does the unit get its power from? Off the bow power block or did you run a dedicated wire from the main battery to the bow and if so what gauge wiring was used? It can make a difference and create voltage loss.