Being unfamiliar with Garmin units

Do they make a unit with the screen benefits of the Lowrance Carbon and Live units? I really like the sharpness of my Carbons and especially being able to see them clearly with polarized glasses. Looking at 12” + screens and Livescope compatibility. Thanks
    Phoenix 21PHX, Yamaha 250 SHO. Lowrance Carbons

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    The equivalent unit to the Live and Carbon is the 8612.....I don't have those units but someone that does can chime in on the visibility and how it works.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Ditto!!! I don't think there will be too many who can speak with experience of using both. A good source to ask would be a couple of the board sponsors.

Brian BBG is a regular here and comes highly recommended
    http://www.bbcboards.net/member.php?u=1064
    I recently saw a shout out to Josh at RMP
    http://www.bbcboards.net/member.php?u=131831
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

4. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    The ultras don’t take a back seat to anything.

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    One person that may know is Team Colibri......he's a Lowrance guy but just bought the 8612/LS setup......I'll shot him a PM to respond on this thread if he knows....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Member
    I have run both and the Lowrance is way easier to see in direct sunlight than the 2 GpsMaps I have with or without the sunglasses.
    I have not used the 8000 series so they may be as good or better.

7. Member
    I have not seen the Lowrance Carbons while on the water, but I have two, soon to be three of the 8612xsv models and compared to my Lowrance Gen 3's, and my Hummingbird Solix units, they are excellent. I can see the displays in the blazing sun, and you can turn them down so low at night that the anchor light shines too bright to see the console unit. I use polarized prescription glasses during the day by Wiley-X and I can see the screen without any distortion. I really love them and could not recommend them highly enough. Livescope with them is outstanding. If I had to choose between the three names above based on my on-the-water experiences, regardless of how well they worked and based solely on how they looked while on the water, I would pick the Garmin units hands down.