Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar

8-12-19 Finally got to go catch a crappie again!

A buddy and I who both work nights went Monday morning when we got off work. We both had things to do plus sleep was needed by us both on account of being up all night working. Made it to the ramp at 7:20 and his boat would not start. We fished the cove the ramp is in for about 30 minutes with trolling motor and he tried again and boat started. We made it to the place we wanted to fish around 8:20, found a few fish messing with his new Garmin Livescope and by 9 we were both ready to leave and take a nap! Heat index was 100 plus and said to be the hottest in the country right here in NE Oklahoma on Monday. Felt good to feel the thump again!
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

2. Member
    Got to go yesterday for the first time since Father's Day. Hard to believe but with daughter moving, and changing jobs (her) electrolytes again, etc. Didn't get to go until the afternoon, after the cloud cover was gone and it got hotter than the hubs of hades. Got 9 really nice 12-14" black crappies. All really thick which surprised me a bit for summer fish.... Most all on my pink head white body chart tail hand ties in 1/16 oz. Thermocline is 7 ft. and that is where they were. I, too, have just installed the lvs32 and new 93sv+. It is amazing as everyone has stated. Glad I went ahead. These fish were spotted on the lee side of a catalpa tree. It is also mind blowing to see how many fish come to inspect your offering w/o taking

3. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeDee View Post
    Got to go yesterday for the first time since Father's Day. Hard to believe but with daughter moving, and changing jobs (her) electrolytes again, etc. Didn't get to go until the afternoon, after the cloud cover was gone and it got hotter than the hubs of hades. Got 9 really nice 12-14" black crappies. All really thick which surprised me a bit for summer fish.... Most all on my pink head white body chart tail hand ties in 1/16 oz. Thermocline is 7 ft. and that is where they were. I, too, have just installed the lvs32 and new 93sv+. It is amazing as everyone has stated. Glad I went ahead. These fish were spotted on the lee side of a catalpa tree. It is also mind blowing to see how many fish come to inspect your offering w/o taking
    It really is amazing that is for sure. It will have to be amazing from the deck of my buddies boat though as that is an investment I can not justify currently.
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**