Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm running a 7610 with LiveScope & and a 7612 with traditional 2D & my mapping on the bow . It just works, the LiveScope is phenomenal, but it a very specific tool.
    2019 BassCat Puma FTD, Honda 250, Croxton Razor 4XL,Garmin Force, Power Pole Blades & Charge, Atlas JP, Ionic 36v Lithium, K2 Energy Lithium NoCo GenPro10x1, All Garmin Electronics with PanOptics LiveScope

jefflhoman.com

It’s a size issue. Let’s say you have a large 12 inch screen. Now let’s say you split the 12inch into map and LS. Now you only have a 6 inch LS screen which is too small. This is why you need a screen dedicated to LS. You have maps and 2d/sidescan/waypoints/etc...on one unit and LS on the other.

3. Member
    I went with a 7610 and often split it three ways. Panoptix forward on top, DS on the bottom, and chart on the right. If I see something interesting with a couple finger touches it is the entire screen. While it works I could see an advantage with two screens. Buy as big as you can afford that will fit. There are times I wish I had gotten the 12". Can't wait until they make a screen deck!

4. Member
    Out of ignorance of the newer units. I must be missing something. I can with my old GPSMAP 1040XS using a 2 partition set up under custom screens. One of my customs has the ps21 on top and ps 30 on bottom. Which by the way is my favorite view. If I am missing anything . I can't imagine what it would be.
    I agree yes I would like a 12 inch screen.

But the setup I got is a fish finding system that has been light years ahead of anything I have owned in the past.
    Helix Mega 10 SI G2N , ILink
    Garmin 1040 XS / Garmin 1242 xsv with Panoptix Down VU PS 30 W/ GCV 10 networked with PS 31. Boat Rig

Echomap Ultra 106 SV with Livescope 12 . Ice Rig

5. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    Having used both the 93sv and the 1242 as my dedicated LS system, to me there are few advantages to moving past the 93sv for a **dedicated** LS system. LS starts off pixelated anyway so the higher resolution of the 1242 just showed me sharper pixelated returns and yes the larger screen made it slightly easier....but for the difference in price...well... I am running the 1242 primarily for the ability to record the screen via Active Capt for making training videos. I am running HDS Lives for everything other than LS.

If I were running ALL Garmin on the boat and needed to split the bow unit screen....absolutely no question....go as BIG as you can afford. For me, even then, I would just use a separate 93 as the LS system and maybe put in an Ultra to get the higher resolution (important for maps!), CPU horsepower, and screen size (UHD too!).

We are currently working with Garmin to add to our training lab and will probably end up with a mix of Echo and GPS units to cover all options.

6. Member
    Dealers right

7. Member
    Depends on how you fish.
    I find brush piles with Humminbird
    Vertical jig or cast 10 ft.
    Livescope only up front.
    2d completely unnecessary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12