Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Wanted to let you guys know before Al gets listing updated; I have dropped the price to $xxxxxxxx; a steal at this point. I 'want' to move it quickly if I am going to move it at all.

Tight lines
    Last edited by Robertl69; 12-12-2019 at 08:35 AM. Reason: price changed

2. Member
    First, thank you all for you kind words, support, prayers, etc.

Question and heads up to my BCB family. I am open to some honest comments if you guys can help me. I need to sell quickly or not sell at all (still a viable option just not as flexible). Do I just have too nice a rig to be selling used at a normal market value and have to go lower if I want to sell? Or have I picked colors just a bit too unique for most folks and just have to wait for the right person to see it? Or do I need to add some missing option or remove some of the options to bring price down, etc. etc.? I am open to some input from you guys with more experience. I'm not easily offended and I don't have to agree so any fair input is welcome.

The heads up part of this is that for the next week or two at least (before I need to renew insurance and before family member goes in for first surgery) I am prepared to *consider* any reasonable offers.

Thanks guys!!!

I think you might have some luck if you put a price out there without graphs and power poles as well as your loaded price. I spent a year in between Cats and ran another brand when I needed to have a boat ready in 2 weeks, I was able to sell it quicker than I would have otherwise by pulling the graphs and poles the buyer did not need. What you need out of your boat is so close to what a guy can shop around and find that I think most will just buy new.

4. Member
    Thanks Mike, those are definitely some thoughts I did not really consider.

I look at a rig and can't imagine one without poles, now that I have had them, but forget a lot of you guys more accomplished out deep have little use for them.

I look at the graphs and know from experience they are pretty much the best money can buy (let's just say 'roughly equal to others for usability' so I don't trigger anyone; but no question the most durable best built and best warranty) so figured priced below others made them one of the most appealing parts of the bargain;; BUT again, you make a good point, some guys have no interest or need to change from what they are used to and fewer guys have used these.

And true in the end while this is priced I *think* VERY well for what is included it does include some premium items that others might choose to do without and that would potentially push a new price down to more near mine, at least before taxes and such.

My problem is going to be having time to remove any of that stuff while dealing with work and other issues. It's a great idea though and I will try to talk with my local dealer about what he would charge me to remove them, how quick he could get to it if I got a sale lined up, etc.

For now I will have to leave listed as is and hope someone has similar desires for their 'best of the best dream rig' as I did.

Thanks man!

5. Member
    Robert
    I don't believe color is not an issue with your rig. The latest pics you posted really show the flake.
    I don't know if you were aware but there is now another Lynx on the BCB sale site. Its a brand new (2019 model), Less the Upper tier electronics that your rig has, and the Platinum engine warranty. It does have power poles. They want 1k less than your rig.
    I believe this gives you a better idea on a competitive price range for a 2019 model Lynx. Especially with or without electronics and Power Pole options.
    The big savings will come into play (taxes) if someone from La would buy.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

6. Member
    Don,

Thanks for the feedback man. I may have confused you (or me/others) when I had Al bump mine to the top when I added better pictures and dropped the price.

To be clear, there is only one other 19 Lynx listed with a price and mine is the one that is $1k lower; with three 12's instead of two 10's, plus the two years additional platinum MPP, and other options unknown. That all adds to some very significant numbers even before tax considerations.

I would be remiss if I did not point out to my BCB family that the other listing is a great price for a 'new' Lynx even with the reduced graphs, no MPP, taxes, etc. especially for those looking for a blue based boat. In fact that dealer makes a point of noting on their website that it is now below dealer cost.

Also I would want to point out that LA is not the only state that does not tax person to person sales (even from out of state sellers) though many do so I recommend folks always research that for any used purchase.

Also, my general philosophy with this sale was intended to be if I can't have my dream rig right now I'd like for someone else to have that privilege and for me at least two 10's on a rig of this caliber didn't quite make the cut.

All that said, if I have not made it clear to guys at least on this thread, I would consider a reasonable offer without graphs, just much rather not have to mess with that.

Thanks and tight lines all!

7. Member
    Robert
    I was just doing a FYI to give you a heads up. Your rig is worth every penny your asking. The graphs alone are worth thousands, not including the added Platinum engine warranty.
    I also know you have OBO added. I didn't look at the latest ad on the BBC for sale page. I seen on your BCB for sale ad that you had updated some pictures and they really brought out the colors of the boat. I wanted to compliment you on the pics. I personally love that color.
    I don't know your personal struggles that have taken you to a place to need to sell your dream rig, but If I can help I will in any way possible.

Tight Lines
    Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

8. Member
    Don,

Thanks so much, I really appreciate that!!

Honestly until after the first surgery we are in wait and see mode. And truth is I do not currently 'need' to sell. But just as a personal thing for myself and what I feel are my responsibilities, I would much rather have that cash ready in the bank 'just in case' than have my dream rig sitting in my shop. In the end it is an awesome toy, a dream toy, but nothing/meaningless compared to family.

Thanks again man!

9. Member
    Based on some VERY helpful feedback from Don and others I will be happy to sell without the electronics if that's what someone wants.

I am thinking I can get her down below that magical 70k barrier that way. I had already massively discounted the electronics in the original price so just barely but I can do $xxxxxxxx with NO graphs or ducers but leaving the mounts for whatever you want to add.

Before I officially put that up on my listing I'd like to get some feedback from you guys as to what you think about that idea/price/etc.

Thanks yet again!!!!
    Last edited by Robertl69; 12-12-2019 at 08:42 AM. Reason: price dropped later in thread

Actually that’s a pretty good move and mostly because Axiom unit’s are not commonly accepted. The other issue is what you do with the Axiom units and if you can push those into the more common saltwater market for RayMarine.

Its your decision and one we would be cautious with. The RayMarine Axiom unit’s are pretty good stuff. We just hate to see you hung with leftover unit’s, those do work well and they are fairly expensive.

11. Member
    Thanks!, yes agreed, they are very expensive units and work very well! One of the reasons I like them so much is they work so well with zero tweaking. I just power on and go fish!

Definitely the best built. I hope someone will want to get them with the boat as they are a steal at the price I am including them.

And since I have ZERO saltwater connections, and they are much less popular among us freshwater guys, partially because they are so expensive, I may have difficulty moving them.

I could use them on my next rig but have no idea at this point if that is 5 months or 5 years from now.

......decisions decisions.....

12. Member
    Just got through talking with a good trusted friend who is aware of my current situation. Short version is I am probably going overboard in what I feel are a man's obligations in times of need but anything else I would second guess the rest of my life even if turns out not needed.

To that end, If I can sell the boat for a fair price without graphs and takes me a while to part with the graphs that does not significantly impact my ability to fulfill my obligations.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx removed part regarding price as dropped way down at end of thread

Thanks for all the awesome feedback and support guys! I LOVE being a member of the BCB family, it really is different! Assuming my rig sells you can still expect me lurking around here every chance I get! LOL
    Last edited by Robertl69; 12-12-2019 at 08:44 AM.

You will always be welcome and a part of the “family”.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertl69 View Post
    Just got through talking with a good trusted friend who is aware of my current situation. Short version is I am probably going overboard in what I feel are a man's obligations in times of need but anything else I would second guess the rest of my life even if turns out not needed.

To that end, If I can sell the boat for a fair price without graphs and takes me a while to part with the graphs that does not significantly impact my ability to fulfill my obligations. Getting at or under 70 puts it at a price point better than anything out there I think, below lowest nada, etc.; heck not that far from trade value! I said $69,750 earlier and now think that is probably a bit low but I said it, I stick by it. I am going to have Al change the listing to:

$74,900 OBO
    $69,750 w/o graphs (FIRM)

Thanks for all the awesome feedback and support guys! I LOVE being a member of the BCB family, it really is different! Assuming my rig sells you can still expect me lurking around here every chance I get! LOL
    Excellent value either way. A steal for a fine rig.
    Doesn't sell at those prices, keep the rig!

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

15. Member
    wish I could swing it!!! my dream boat and some colors I liked also!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

16. Member
    Man, I wish you could too! Seriously, I will of course sell to whomever can/will actually purchase. But, given this was my dream rig, my ideal scenario is it go to someone who maybe couldn't quite get a new Lynx (or just doesn't want to) but wants 'effectively new' and is their dream rig too!

I loose a good chunk, but not my shirt and meanwhile free up cash for potential family need. Next guy gets an awesome boat for a 'steal'. If family need is not too great, I save for another year or two and get back into my dream rig as well! If need is great it might take longer but I will have done right by everyone and likely end up back in a dream rig again.

One thing I have developed about a strong belief in over my 50 years is: What goes around does EVENTUALLY come around!

Tight lines all!

17. Member
    Some new developments. Boat will be $xxxxxxxx without electronics or $xxxxxxx with.
    Will update Al and listing later; wanted to post here first. Thanks
    Last edited by Robertl69; 12-12-2019 at 08:45 AM. Reason: price drop

18. Member
    Is the carpet color tan or gray? Can't really tell on the photos. Also the same question for the seats. Thanks. I can see you are trying to make me do something I could get in trouble.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

19. Member
    Carpet is their tan/beige type color; matches perfect with the sand trim. The seats are also the very lightest slightly tan base (glacier maybe?) and a darker accent that is closer match to the carpet. I can find the exact details if anyone needs them but don’t have immediately handy.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertl69 View Post
    Carpet is their tan/beige type color; matches perfect with the sand trim. The seats are also the very lightest slightly tan base (glacier maybe?) and a darker accent that is closer match to the carpet. I can find the exact details if anyone needs them but don’t have immediately handy.
    Thank you sir
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast