Livescope setup question

I'm about to install the Panoptix LS and a 93SV and have a few general questions.

1) I'm assuming I can put both transducers on my trolling motor and use either one when I want to. Is that correct?

2) I don't have spotlock, just a basic TM. Is there anything wrong with putting the LVS32 on the TM shaft? Do I lose any clarity as compared to a separate pole mount?

3) It's very tempting to put a battery in the front of the boat. I have room for it. Is it worth the hassle of recharging / has anyone else done this?

Thanks for any input.

Not an expert, but I have this setup.

1. Yes, install both transducers. Each one serves its own purpose

2. IMO, nothing wrong with installing on TM shaft...that is how I have it...you just learn to look with your feet. The separate pole mount is a great idea...but I'm not completely sold on it yet.

3. I have all of my electronic components hooked up to my cranking battery and don't have any issues during long tournament days with both livewells...both graphs...aerator etc. but that's just me. An additional battery did cross my mind during installation because it seems like a lot of extra power being withdrawn, but I have had zero issues.

Hope this helps.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

3. Member
    Cool, looking forward to trying it out. I may start with a separate battery to simplify install.

Quote Originally Posted by fishing_bryan View Post
    Cool, looking forward to trying it out. I may start with a separate battery to simplify install.

Yeah, I ended up wiring everything to my circuit board behind the bow panel. Without that option, I think a separate battery up front may have been a solid alternative.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles