Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shout out to The Tackle Trap

Nobody in my local area to do reel repair anymore, was referred to The Tackle Trap in Alabama by fellow BBC members. Awesome staff, great service, and more than fair on pricing. I have the distinct ability to take a reel with a little issue and make it a big one trying to fix it myself. Thanks guys for referring me to the folks at The Tackle Trap. Great people.
    2021 Vexus VX20, Yamaha 250 SHO

They do great work for sure ! Not to mention top notch customer service and product.

3. Member
    I dropped a reel off by there 6 years ago for repair. Still haven't gotten a call that my reel is ready. It's an hour drive from me and they're not open on Saturday, can't just drop by.

4. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewayzs14 View Post
    I dropped a reel off by there 6 years ago for repair. Still haven't gotten a call that my reel is ready. It's an hour drive from me and they're not open on Saturday, can't just drop by.
    WOW... you got to be kidding me??????? Call them or Brian and they will ship it to you

6 years, no calls, no follow ups, and all of a sudden this? Obviously you "dropped it off" M-F 7am to 5pm CT, as the hours have always been the same. Brian or I would know if this was actually true. Troll on...

6. Member
    NOT TROLLING!!! When I originally dropped it off it was for minor gear repair. I left my name and phone number tagged on the reel. I went by there after the first year. To find out what was going on, they hadn't touched the reel. It was in the same place it was when I left it. I got a BS excuse why it hadn't been touched and told to leave my name and number again. I did and 6 years later.... Still no phone call, nothing. A trip down there is an entire day and completely out of the way of anywhere I go, so dropping by isn't an option. This may be the only instance where anyone hasn't received great service from them but I didn't.

7. Member
    NOT TROLLING!!! When I originally dropped it off it was for minor gear repair. I left my name and phone number tagged on the reel. I went by there after the first year. To find out what was going on, they hadn't touched the reel. It was in the same place it was when I left it. I got a BS excuse why it hadn't been touched and told to leave my name and number again. I did and 6 years later.... Still no phone call, nothing. A trip down there is an entire day and completely out of the way of anywhere I go, so dropping by isn't an option. This may be the only instance where anyone hasn't received great service from them but I didn't.
    Maybe I can help you out since I’m the “new” reel tech at the shop. I’ve been with Tackle Trap for 3 years and this is the first I’ve heard of this, but I’ll help if I can.

For starters, what reel was it? What was it brought in for? What was the name/number left? You’re welcome to PM me with this information. I can’t make any promises, but I’ll do my best.

And not trying to be a skeptic, but you know our hours, why not pick up the phone and reach out before now? And it’s only 45 + or - miles from Valley Head to Boaz, so it’s not a full day.

8. Member
    Sounds like a perfect example of "fake news" to me. Who waits six years to complain about a reel that has not been repaired? Better yet produce the repair ticket you got when you left the reel. Knowing Brian like I do and the service I get from them I call BS on this.

If you can't drive 45 minutes away , why leave it there in the first place !?!

Despite how odd this is, we are looking into it regardless...

Quote Originally Posted by gatorz View Post
    Nobody in my local area to do reel repair anymore, was referred to The Tackle Trap in Alabama by fellow BBC members. Awesome staff, great service, and more than fair on pricing. I have the distinct ability to take a reel with a little issue and make it a big one trying to fix it myself. Thanks guys for referring me to the folks at The Tackle Trap. Great people.
    Thank you! We appreciate the kind words and the opportunity to service your reels.

11. Member
    So here's the story. 8 years ago I got completely out of fishing. Sold boat and truckand only kept rods reels and tackle.
    Got married and had another child. I bought another boat last August because my oldest was wanting to get into fishing.

When I dropped the reel off, whoever I talked to did say something about not having a normal reel repair guy.

I haven't mentioned anything bad about anyone at the tackle trap, their products or services, only my issue.

We figured it out with some information you gave us. Brian was who you talked to and once he learned which reel it was, he knew what happened. This was a Daiwa Viento and the twitch bar was damaged and the reel had been out of production for some time already. It was discovered that the parts necessary for the repair were unavailable and that information was conveyed to you at that time. No effort was made to pick up the item.

So here's the story. 8 years ago I got completely out of fishing. Sold boat and truckand only kept rods reels and tackle.
    Got married and had another child. I bought another boat last August because my oldest was wanting to get into fishing.

When I dropped the reel off, whoever I talked to did say something about not having a normal reel repair guy.

I haven't mentioned anything bad about anyone at the tackle trap, their products or services, only my issue.

13. Member
    Thought so .........

14. Member
    When the reel was dropped off and I left my name and number with the reel. One year later when I came by to see what was going on they had lost my name and number. I reattached my info to it and said call me when it is fixed. That was the last I heard of it. So...

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    We figured it out with some information you gave us. Brian was who you talked to and once he learned which reel it was, he knew what happened. This was a Daiwa Viento and the twitch bar was damaged and the reel had been out of production for some time already. It was discovered that the parts necessary for the repair were unavailable and that information was conveyed to you at that time. No effort was made to pick up the item.
    Love to see someone that follows through. Sounds like they have very dedicated people at the Tackle Trap
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

16. Member
    When the reel was dropped off and I left my name and number with the reel. One year later when I came by to see what was going on they had lost my name and number. I reattached my info to it and said call me when it is fixed. That was the last I heard of it. So...
    Hopefully you don't have the same mentality when dropping your car/truck off for an oil change.

The Tackle Trap guys don't mind if you email/call them all the time. Ask me how I know
    2019 Phoenix 920 ProXP
    Mercury 250 4S ProXS

17. Banned
    This is definitely one of those Instances. I agree with Nick, dont drop your cars off for oil changes.

18. Member
    I would imagine the cost of the repair may not be worth the value of that reel. Must not have missed it much if you never called to check on it

19. Member
    Complete BS sidwayzs. You have some ownership here with this reel not being picked up. The tackle trap is one of the last few companies out there that "get it" when it comes to CS! I have ordered a ton from them and have called often with questions and or concerns. Each and every call and transaction has been handled with complete professionalism. I will complain about poor service in a heartbeat but defend good service as well. I do not know a single person lacking anything but the best when dealing with these guys.

20. Member
    7 years, my fault, I don't disagree. For someone that didn't wet a line for 5 years, to focus on family, it was easy to forget.

These were the only times (2) that I have ever been to this business. The only reason was this was the ONLY repair shop within reason at that time. When they told someone parts wasn't available to repair this reel, it wasn't me they told.

Sorry if anyone takes this as a bad misrepresentation of the tackle trap, it wasn't intended. I have 7 more of these reels and was just trying to get another fixed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast