Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewayzs14 View Post
    7 years, my fault, I don't disagree. For someone that didn't wet a line for 5 years, to focus on family, it was easy to forget.

These were the only times (2) that I have ever been to this business. The only reason was this was the ONLY repair shop within reason at that time. When they told someone parts wasn't available to repair this reel, it wasn't me they told.

Sorry if anyone takes this as a bad misrepresentation of the tackle trap, it wasn't intended. I have 7 more of these reels and was just trying to get another fixed.
    I'm glad you were focused on your family. We all have been as well. It is not an uncommon occurrence for someone to send in or drop off an out of production reel only to be informed later that the specific parts required for a repair are unavailable - whether or not it be a Daiwa, Lew's, Quantum, BPS, etc. We've even had Chronarch 50MG reels abandoned, for example, due to a lack of available gear sets and they get set aside in the parts bin as it wasn't worth the owners time or energy to attempt to track down obsolete parts, nor their effort or money to pick it up or have it returned. The only point of contention here is whether or not you were informed of this fact. Our point is that it was, you say otherwise. Fair enough, things happen, 7 years is a long time. I'm willing to go one step further to offer you a current production, far superior reel at a significant discount in a good faith effort to make you happy. If this is of interest to you, send me a PM. If not, I wish you and your family the best as you venture back into the fishing game.

2. Member
    To Gary’s reply -

3. Banned
    And that my friends is why they are the best in the business!

4. Member
    To everyone at the tackle trap, you are all class acts. Didn't mean to stir the pot. Gonna try to get a day off from work and drop by.

5. Member
    to Gary --->

Now if they can just get Shimano/loomis back..
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

7. Member
    Can't tell you how much good advice on MB rods I've gotten from the Tackle Trap. Have never steered me wrong. Very knowledgeable and enjoy dealing with them.

8. Member
    I have had nothing but GREAT customer service from Tackle Trap and would recommend them to anyone. One of the supertuned reels I got back from them was unbelievable and I have really appreciated their insight and advice regarding rods. Thanks guys!

Hey Brian...charge him 6 years storage.

I have purchased like 6 steez reels a custom built zillion and a couple other custom reels all built by Spanky. I don't let anyone but him touch my stuff he is that good...nuff said.Oh and 8 megabass destroyer rods.yaaaa TT.

11. Member
    The best guys to deal with hands down, purchased so many items from them and have never had a problem. I was one of the first to ever order from them when they first opened so that tells you something.

12. Member
    A couple years ago I had TTT service about a dozen of my and a friend's reels, both spin and cast, and they did a great job getting them all to perform like new. Well worth the time and expense and I will always use their reel service going forward.
    PS: that was the first time using their reel service for me, in case that wasn't implied.

13. Member
    I have 5 in transit to Tackle Trap as we speak.
    2021 FXR21LE

14. Member
    I just got a reel back from them! very professional and reel is good to go. Website said 3 weeks out, I followed up at 2.5 weeks to make sure it was there. It was and I was told they would start it the beginning of last week. Got a call Wednesday to go over repair options. I gave them my card number. Reel was in the mailbox today with a receipt. Very wonderful transaction with them. Will be using them in the future
    John 16:33
    2016 Tracker Pro Team 195
    2016 Mercury 150 Four Stroke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12