Carpeted foot rest in vexus

I looked at a couple vexus and 2 of the 1980s had carpeted foot pads screwed onto the rise of the front deck in front of the passengers seat and the driver seat.
    Sorry but in my opinion the are horrible looking. I told the dealer I didn't like them and asked if I could order with out them?
    He wasn't sure, his solution was just unscrew them. Not what I wanted to hear when considering ordering a 45k rig.
    Does anyone know if you can order with out these?

2. Member
    Mine didn’t come with one, but it was built late 2018 I believe. I’m pretty sure it could be left off if you request that when you order your boat.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

Yea I saw that change for the 2020 models. 2019 boats didn't have it. Like you, I prefer to not have it. But I am pretty sure they will build it without, it is an add on after the boat is built and painted. Pretty simple to leave off.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

4. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Sure it can be ordered without ... it is just an aluminum plate covered with carpeting to match the one on the drivers side.
    just have your dealer enter your boat order with that specific customer request .. easy peasy