Bassakwards......

Your inbox is full so I am posting this to you here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards
    You've got 3 31 series in your boat right? I tried to find the thread with the pics of your layout but couldn't. Which battery tray are you using? It's time for new batteries, in my RT. I'm thinking either 3 31 series Sams agm (duracell) or 3 27 agm X2 power from batteries Plus. They are both very similar in CCA and reserve, but the sams is $170 a piece and X2 are $350 a piece.
    I used the aluminum trays from BassCat. In order to get 3 group 31 batteries in an RT188, the trays must be thin width and line up side by side with the holes for screws inside the rim of the tray. Here they are, they are not cheap. https://www.basscatstore.com/aluminumtraywithstrap.aspx

I cut a sheet of 3/4" birch plywood and sealed it with sanding sealer. It was cut to run the full width of the battery compartment and a little wider than the battery trays. Don't use treated or Marine plywood. The chemicals in it can eat away at aluminum. Once the plywood was screwed down to the braces and battery floor sheet, it makes it very easy to line up the battery trays and gives a good surface to screw them down to.

I used Exide AGM XMC-31 batteries because they are dual purpose and have both the reserve capacity and cranking amps I want. I also have a local dealer that orders them for me fresh direct from the factory warehouse. But I am familiar with the batteries you are talking abut and think either would be fine.

2. Banned
    Bud the work you do is so incredible, so organized and well thought out.

3. Member
    Thanks Scott, thats what I needed.

I have always liked this setup its very very clean.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

5. Member
    My Optima's are still going strong but htis is what I plan to do when they need replacing!
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step