Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar
    I’ve sold 10 of them. Never had a problem as a matter of fact didn’t even have to list the last two birth buyers contacted me and asked for the boat when I got ready to sell. It’s all about color, the condition you keep it and price. You can get top dollar if you take extreme good care of one. I can also see an issue selling now because of the new 4 stroke.
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Mercury pro team - Humminbird - Bobs - Power Pole - Garmin
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

http://www.hammerrods.com/
    http://tackletrap.com/

The comment about depreciation is definitely incorrect. Color, model, options, and accessories can all affect ability to sell. But, I don’t see resale of a used BCB as being an issue. I have a 2007 Sabre FTD that I’ve had people contact me about selling on a couple forums. And it’s not even for sale. I suspect they like the color combination, and it fits their expected price point. The reason I bought it (used) was because it was the perfect color combination I was looking for, and it had older electronics that I didn’t pay a premium for, and could replace to suit me. The same thing will drive my search for another used BCB. I’ll buy New if I’m actively looking to buy another BCB and can’t find what I’m looking for. BCB is the only brand I’ll own. Unmatched quality for the price, and absolutely the best CS in the business.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bfrank View Post
    I'll add that I sometimes see used boats listed for within a couple thousand of new. If my local dealer has a sabre he'll see sell new for 35k, I'm not buying a 4 year old version for 32k. Heck yes have probably sold me that boat new for less as boats have gone up that much. I see that some with Panteras as well.
    ^^^^^
    2016 Triton 20TRX
    250 Pro XS, #112 MK Ultrex
    PP Blades, Atlas JP, Ionic Lithiums
    Garmin 126 (2) & 1222 with Panoptix

The last Bass Cat I sold took about two weeks. I just put my 17 Eyra up for sale so we’ll see how long it takes. Boat is immaculate and loaded with options. I’ve researched what people are asking and believe it’s priced fairly. If people are serious buyers they’ll make an offer. Bass Cats are everywhere in this area.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mwtlsu View Post
    I know in some areas they are easier than others. But the general consensus among the people I know who own them, as well as my own personal experience, is it's a very difficult boat to resell. Unless, it's an older boat. It also seems like of all the major boat brands BassCats depreciate the most. But when comparing the brands and having been to most of the factories, the quality and engineering of a Cat is second to none.

edit:I do own a BassCat
    You are joking, right? BCB has one of the best resale values on the market

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Superpro View Post
    You are joking, right? BCB has one of the best resale values on the market
    No he's not! Check Impactfishing, BCB for sale page and here on BBC, there's been a number of very well maintained BCB's of all models that have been listed for some time. Color's don't seem to be the issue, there are Red's, Silver and like mine Yellow, all very well equipped with warranty. The main issue as I see it is the new 4 Stroke motors as well as many of the new buyers are ill equipped to get into a high end bassboat. This is no cheap sport!!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbumpilori View Post
    No he's not! Check Impactfishing, BCB for sale page and here on BBC, there's been a number of very well maintained BCB's of all models that have been listed for some time. Color's don't seem to be the issue, there are Red's, Silver and like mine Yellow, all very well equipped with warranty. The main issue as I see it is the new 4 Stroke motors as well as many of the new buyers are ill equipped to get into a high end bassboat. This is no cheap sport!!
    Key word yellow that color is always a hard one to get rid of.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lamoon78 View Post
    Key word yellow that color is always a hard one to get rid of.
    Absolutely right. If Chucks boat had black,red, silver or blue instead of yellow it would have sold months ago.

9. Member
    Having been around a lot of different brands, bcb is the best built boat. Advertising has a lot to do with selling, and the location. Here in south to you see a lot of skeeters because of bass champs. But they don’t realize about the quest program. And then you have others that try to “save now” on a new boat purchase but their boat probably won’t stay together the life of their loan (if they try to keep it that long). Unfortunately I have seen people have horrible experiences with other brands but are blinded and go and get the same brand again.
    Also as said a bunch the 4s motor has killed all 2stroke sells to where you need to be way below to move them.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbumpilori View Post
    Unless the Seller contacts BBC, those ad's will not be removed. Many of the boats on BBC (all manufacturers) have been sold. I had to email BBC to have them remove my ad, otherwise, it would still be up.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by THOEFT View Post
    Absolutely right. If Chucks boat had black,red, silver or blue instead of yellow it would have sold months ago.
    FYI, The cap is yellow, the hull is Charcoal mist, boot is black, and the trim is silver with inserts being white!! There is one Eyra here on BBC that is sold and I assume there may be others. My point again there are many others here and else where that are not!

12. Member
    BCB boats are not hard to sell where I am, and have great resale value. I totally disagree with the original post. I have sold three in the last ten years. Two of them, the buyers were about one thousand miles away, and couldn't even inspect my boats. They had to go on pics and my word. They both sent deposits to me weeks before coming down to pick up the boats. The other one sold to the first person who looked at it, and, for exact asking price.

Agree that the new four stroke engines are making the two strokes in much less demand. I think that a lot of potential buyers are waiting another year or two until there are more Merc 4 strokes on the market.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

13. Member
    If you buy any new boat it’s going to depreciate, some worse than others. Clean used bass boats are in high demand. You have a lot of people with a budget in the 20-30k range. Once your above 30k its another story. I do see a saturation of newer used cats in the market 2013 and up. When your talking about a boat that’s only a few years old it’s competing against a brand new boat with full warranty. Some people need to learn when your selling a used high dollar bass boat they need to take lots of good pictures & have all important information like hours, maintenance records, compression, etc.

14. Member
    I have bought and sold 4 boats over the last 5 years (1 Triton, 1 Bass Cat, 1 Phoenix, Just bought another BCB). I think for boats less than 2 years old, depreciation and ease of sale is on par with most others. I think where BCB stands out is the 2 years and older. The few variables that I see possibly hindering the sale of a particular model in a particular location are A: The wide range of possibilities buyers have on a color scheme, B: Proximity to a BCB dealer, and C: The number of models that BCB offers. The Eyra is a great boat, and I loved the one I had, but it's not for everyone. The Puma and Cougar Advantage are great boats, but I can see where some may not sell one as easily as a FTD without creating a larger price gap between the premium model boats of the same year range.
    I agree with previous comments on the affect that rising economy is having on new boat sales. That has probably done as much to the used market as the new 4 stroke.

One more thing that hasn't been mentioned: This doesn't affect pricing as much as it does whether or not someone sells their used boat. Guys are financing boats for long terms with little to no money down, then pay mostly interest on a loan for 12-24 months, and the depreciation has outrun the monthly rent they have been paying for the boat. Before I bought my most recent, I spoke with multiple sellers who gave their bottom dollar, which happened to be payoff and more than I was willing to pay.
    2015 Phoenix 819

If they have long term financing then yes, it outruns the payoff. Most new Retail BCB models are kept for a long time. Dealership demonstration units and one year, to two year, promotional boats generally sell within short term.

The recent four stroke situation definitely delayed some decisions last year and we saw two strokes being selected because it was their last one. This year that is reversed and everyone wanting one is willing, though turns on two year old and older are harder for that same two stroke reason. The used boat market under five years of age is seeing that also.

those were pretty good posts.

16. Member
    Never owed a BCB but I can tell you that is not true around this area.

17. Member
    Just sold a BassCat Classic within 24 hrs of posting it in BCB Owners Group. My experience is that BCB sell faster than anything I've ever tried to sell.
    Top re-selling points & tips:

1) great product/reputation
    2) colors
    3) options
    4) fair re-selling/asking pricing
    Last edited by FastCat04; 08-20-2019 at 12:49 PM.
    2020 BassCat Eyra w/Merc v8 Pro XS (2b685615)
    2008 Triton TR196 w/Merc200 (1B505505)
    2024 Havoc Alum Duck boat w/ Mod Mercury 3-cyl 2-stroke
    0T899507 w/1B728726 powerhead (sleeved/ported/welded chambers, mod carbs/tuner &light flywheel)
    Previously owned:
    2018 Eyra w/Merc250 (2b525704)
    2015 PII w/Merc200 (2b115304)
    Brooks tunnel w/Merc 200 carb & CLE l/u motor (A913415)

18. Member
    BCB are some slick looking rigs, doesnt seem like they are difficult to sell in my area, see them everywhere.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lamoon78 View Post
    Yep along with color playing a big roll also.
    Color seems to play a huge role in the resale of all brands. I also think that any brand I have seems to sell the worst when I have it because when I'm ready to sell and nobody is in the mood to buy one.

Color is a big deal... A buddy of mine just picked up a P4 based upon mostly color. He had been looking for quite some time for one with no Black in it. Seems Black and Red are the dominating color available so if one is opposed to either they could be searching for a while.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast