X2 Power Premium 27 agm

Is anyone running these in your tin? They have more CCA (930) than a Sams Duracell agm (800), but 10 min less reserve cap. than the Sams. They come with a 4 year warranty too, but they are almost $400 a piece. It's time for new batteries, and these would obviously just drop in, to replace the current 27 series I have. While the 31 Duracell would be more of a project.

2. Member
    2 27 Duracells and 1 31 fit in mine, TIGHT, but Right.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeauxTide View Post
    2 27 Duracells and 1 31 fit in mine, TIGHT, but Right.
    If I went with the 31 I'd do all 3 31's. By the time I bought 3 Duracells, and 3 new trays, plus take the time to remove the old ones and rearrange everything, the cost is close enough to just spend the extra money on the X2's.

4. Member
    I have all Duracell agms. Group 27 cranking battery and two group 31s for trolling batteries. Its tight, but fits.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

I have the biggest Duracells that Sam's sells for the TM. They fit fine..... tight but they fit. They have been great. Made in the USA and a lot better price. I could not be happier.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

I have the X2 31 in my Stratos and when it needs replaced I am going to the Duracell AGM group 31. To me it is not worth the extra cost. I had an issue with my first X2 battery but it was replaced under warranty. The Batteries Plus guy I talked to said the Duracells are normally marked on the low end of what the battery outputs and the X2 is on the high end so there may not be much of a difference.

What size motor, and what accessorizes are you running?
    I would probably get the 27g AGM Duracell unless you have a need for a bigger battery.
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagregss View Post
    I have all Duracell agms. Group 27 cranking battery and two group 31s for trolling batteries. Its tight, but fits.
    Ditto. I cut the sides down on the factory boxes to get everything shoe horned in there.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitaker201 View Post
    I have the X2 31 in my Stratos and when it needs replaced I am going to the Duracell AGM group 31. To me it is not worth the extra cost. I had an issue with my first X2 battery but it was replaced under warranty. The Batteries Plus guy I talked to said the Duracells are normally marked on the low end of what the battery outputs and the X2 is on the high end so there may not be much of a difference.

What size motor, and what accessorizes are you running?
    I would probably get the 27g AGM Duracell unless you have a need for a bigger battery.
    I don't have anything special. 115 Merc 4s on an RT188. 2 HDS units, and some black lights.

9. Member
    Bassakwards I am running the 27 Duracell AGM with the same engine, boat and two HDS7's. No issues at all keeping everything powered up. Based on how long it takes the factory 6X3 charger to bring the 31's up after a full day on the water, even fishing the Scumberland using spot lock for hours I'd say the 27's will do fine for the trolling motor as well. I just wanted the extra ummmph of the 31's for those days when I am sitting out there in current catching white bass etc... I can keep the boat on a spot a long time using spot lock in the river, even when it's rolling pretty darn good and not run the 31's half way down according to lanyard on the Ultrex that shows battery charge.

I'd probably go with the Duracell AGM 27's then.
    Brad Whitaker

11. Member
    I know the 27's are fine. I've got 3 27 lead batteries in it from the when I picked it up at the dealer 4 years ago. I liked the 4 year warranty on the X2's i just don't like the price.

I would save the money and get the Duracell. I am not impressed with the X2 I have. I am running 2 998HB's with SI and a livewell pump, my last tournament I had my graphs shuts down when I started the motor. My battery is only 2 years old. This is the same thing my other X2 did after two years. Batteries Plus did replace the first battery but now I am out of the original 4 year warranty. I will be replacing mine with a Duracell 31 AGM here soon.

This is only my experience and I am sure others are very happy with them. I thought they were only OK batteries.
    Brad Whitaker

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Bassakwards I am running the 27 Duracell AGM with the same engine, boat and two HDS7's. No issues at all keeping everything powered up. Based on how long it takes the factory 6X3 charger to bring the 31's up after a full day on the water, even fishing the Scumberland using spot lock for hours I'd say the 27's will do fine for the trolling motor as well. I just wanted the extra ummmph of the 31's for those days when I am sitting out there in current catching white bass etc... I can keep the boat on a spot a long time using spot lock in the river, even when it's rolling pretty darn good and not run the 31's half way down according to lanyard on the Ultrex that shows battery charge.
    Looks like the time has come sooner rather than later. Hadn't used the boat in a few weeks, and all the batteries were low, and 2 of 3 were low on water. I added water and charged them, they are still kickin' but after 3 hours of fishing they were all pretty weak. Sam's in Franklin, has the 27 agm's in stock, guess I will go pick up a few.

14. Member
    If I made a good or bad choice, only time will tell. I put the group 27
    Duracell AGM in the bow for my TM. The boat came w/a Group 24
    wet cell in the stern for starting. My opinion thats not enough battery
    to start with and run graphs for a day. Most of my trips are half days,
    but even at that a GRP 24 may be lacking. LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

15. Member
    I love my X2 Power battery. It is better if you use it for your cranking battery and run your graphs and accessories. That is what it is designed to do. I would not buy the X2 for your trolling motor.
    2019 Skeeter ZX225

16. Member
    I got 2 27's for the trolling motor and 1 31 for cranking. Going to require some new trays and some modifications to get it in there. Should I put the 31 in between the 27s or will the extra couple lbs on one side make a difference?

17. Member
    I’ve had my RT right next to one with two poles hanging off the rear. They both sat in the water the same. I can’t see the weight difference being that big a deal.

I took my trays out and cut the sides off. I can still strap them in. It’s not like they are going anywhere. Two 31’s and a 27 are shoe horned back there.

18. Member
    It probably makes less of a difference on RT188 than something with a pad hull, I would think. I know my old polar kraft 180hp (pad) was real sensitive to weight distribution.