Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Nope, not a lot of work, better than wading. only sounds like a lot of work because it took a lot of typing. unwind 12 turns, back boat in, crawl thru truck, unhook strap and safety cable, climb on boat, beach boat, done
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

https://eztroll.com/products/fathers...side-step-sale

I have this on the tongue of my boat. They make a side mount version also.

3. Member
    Like others have said, leave the boat strapped with enough slack to get it off the roller. I put the tailgate of my truck down (if you have a truck with no bed cover) for added safety in getting on and off the boat, there is enough space to get in between the front roller and the truck bed to unhook and have the stability/safety of the truck to hold onto.
    Kyle

2010 Nitro Z-7

PB: 11 lbs, 1 oz

4. Member
    everybody has their method, but I unhook my boat and tie a rope to boat and to trailer. Never had any issue, except the one time I didn't tie a good knot and had to make an olympic long jump off dock to land in boat. Glad I made it :D
    Matthew 6:33
    2020 921elite

5. Member
    You guys have it down pat to launch without getting a wet foot...what about loading?

Quote Originally Posted by Moneyshot View Post
    You guys have it down pat to launch without getting a wet foot...what about loading?
    Rubber boots.

I have a full cap on my truck, I can get on my bumper and get a foot on my rear wheel and make a cat like jump and sometimes miss the water. If it's cold out I have rubber boots I'll slip on.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moneyshot View Post
    Same thing, trim motor to max trim, drive boat to roller, turn off motor, trim motor into tilt and up a bit, step off boat onto step, reach under & hook strap, if on steep ramp - step off tongue and winch tight, if on shallow ramp- kneel on tongue, hook strap, tighten strap. Then crawl thru truck and drive out of water. On the steep ramp there is no water under the tongue, if on the shallow ramp there is water under the rear of the truck with the rear tires in the water too.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

8. Member
    The cap on the truck just wont let it happen.. I guess its eithrr wet feet or wet truck bed lol

9. Member
    +1 for trick step. I regularly launch/load by myself. Just climb up and down the step to hook or unhook the boat. Leave slack in the strap so it slides off the trailer then unhook when you get in the boat to move it. Step still works. Never get wet. No jumping around. Too old for that.
    I chuckle at all the looks I get from the guys struggling to hook their boats up even with 2 people.
    2011 721
    2021 250 Mercury 4S, Fury 24

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12