Thread: White film

White film

Does any one know how to clean the white mole or film off old fishing baits ? I have my Dad's tackle box and it has white mole on all the baits.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcrow View Post
    Does any one know how to clean the white mole or film off old fishing baits ? I have my Dad's tackle box and it has white mole on all the baits.
    A hair dryer works best for me. Be careful and don’t hold it in one spot very long but the white film will turn clear and it wipes right off.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Moore View Post
    A hair dryer works best for me. Be careful and don’t hold it in one spot very long but the white film will turn clear and it wipes right off.
    Yep, that's the best way I've found too

4. Member
    I no longer have a hair dryer, as it takes only a couple of minutes for what little hair I have left to dry...lol. I have a couple of old credit cards that I broke into 2 pieces and scrape the white stuff off and then what little bit is left, I just take the stuff I clean with and the rest comes off. I've never damaged a lure doing this, but the worst offenders I find are Arbogast and Bomber lures. A number of years ago I read someone on Joe's who said that the hair dryer could cause problems. Wish I could remember what they said, but it didn't sound plausible to me and I have also used hair dryers and never have had a problem. But as they always said, more than one way to skin a cat. Good luck.

5. Swap & Sell Moderator mrbasser's Avatar
    I boil water and let it cool off just a bit - pour into old cup you don't mind ruining and use needle nose to rinse lure in hot water holding in water 5 seconds usually does it - just wipe of with clean cloth and repeat if necessary until all mold is gone.
    Karma is real... DON'T BE A D!CK!!!