Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Fish basket found w/ Chubs in the house!!!

During the Collins Bass for Cash @ Pembroke Creek Sat. a competitor got hung up and went to retrieve their lure and found they were hung in a fish basket w/ Chubs in it!! Wish i could post a link from the Collins website..No fish from the basket were weighed in during the Tx.. Collins runs a top notch Tx trail and from the posting it sounds like they handled it properly..Hope NÇ Wildlife finds the scum..

2. Member
    I read that. I usually fish the Collins tournaments but we were on vacation last week and I decided not to come back to fish it since we had enough tournaments in to make the Classic but this sucks for sure.
    As stated Collins runs a top notch trail but you can't control what some people are willing to do to win a little money and have braggin' rights.

lie detectors....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    I wish all tournaments would polygraph the top 10.

5. Member
    This is one of those things I wish I knew more about. Like how many and what size. What
    Time of day discovered ?Also lots of tournaments down there, wonder if they were weighed in somewhere else or put under surveillance for the day. That much activity may have scared them off.. anyway a couple of small bass could have gotten in when someone was trying to catch something elsee?

6. Member
    • COLLIN’s DIRECTORS CALLED NC WILDLIFE DURING OUR CYPRESS LANDING (PEMBROKE) EVENT! One of our teams phoned our directors during the event stating their lure became hung and when they went to un-hang it, a basket of fish was discovered. We took the matter very seriously and took the following steps immediately:
      • We instructed the team to photograph the basket and photograph the general location so NC Wildlife could find the location and investigate.
      • To preserve the integrity of their catch for the event, we instructed them “under no circumstance” were they to disturb any contents (open the basket) and they did not.
      • We called the NC Wildlife “Report Wildlife Violations Hotline” on ncwildlife.org at 1-800-662-7137, indicated to them we were in District 1 of NC which we knew we were as prepared tournament directors, and we needed the on call wildlife officers number that was closest to our location.
      • We reached the on call officer and reported the situation fully, we supplied all information we had, and also we spoke several times during the day and invited him to our weigh in.
      • We can confirm NC Wildlife took over from there and visited the situation and said it was in their hands now and would contact us further information was needed.
      • We can confirm those fish were not submitted by any boat in our field for weighing because of the events that happened throughout the day.
      • Before Collins Directors left the event, we made absolutely sure there was nothing NC Wildlife needed from us or anything we could assist them with – they agree we have more than done our part especially since one of our boats took time out of their tournament day to speak with the NC Wildlife Officer directly via mobile phone. We provided that team with the name and number of the NC Wildlife officer and instructed them not to use their mobile phone for any other reason except to continue staying in touch with our tournament directors and that officer.
      • NC Wildlife did splash their boat to investigate.
      • The right process was followed by Collin’s Staff as well as our team participating in the event. We can only control what is in our ability to control so we did exactly that to the best of our ability and as quickly and thoroughly as possible. We consider this matter closed since NC Wildlife has nothing additional for us to participate in.

Hate cheaters
    David Blanton

Anglers Choice Pro Staff
    Stratos 201XLE
    Tournament Director / Warriors on the Water

8. Member
    Where was the basket discovered?

9. Banned
    Hopefully they will catch those responsible for the cage. Maybe a team did not finish in the money like they normally do at the tourney because their trap was found.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mako231 View Post
    I am at the point where I will not fish a tournament unless their are draw co anglers involved or poly graphs. Live well checks are a joke, I could keep fish in one of my dry storage areas if I wanted, it's just too easy to cheat and get away with it, I believe it happens way more often than one would think.

11. Member
    So I guess the cat is out of the bag now... I found out about this very early Saturday evening and we had a plan setup to catch those involved with this in upcoming tournaments. I have pictures of the "cage" and full details regarding location, number of bass in the "cage", amount of weight in the "cage", etc. etc.

However, now that this has been made public I am assuming the guilty parties will no-doubt either move the cage and/or not do it for the short-term future while the heat cools down.

As the owner, operator and tournament director of the Eastern NC Bass Challenge, I, just like the fine folks at Collins take this very seriously. And with our Classic Tournament coming up in a few weeks on the Roanoke all steps will be made to ensure a honest and fair tournament.

For those who are responsible for the cage full of bass.... I am watching you.... And I want to remind you that weighing in caged fish in a tournament is a criminal offense and if you are caught doing it in one of my tournaments I will do everything in my power to ensure you are charged to the full extend of the law. Good luck...
    Collins Boating Pro Staff - Smithfield, North Carolina
    JeffreyDavisFishing.com
    | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | NC Bass Challenge

12. Member
    Unfortunately this type of cheating has gone on since the beginning of cash tournaments and will continue to do so. Most of my tournament fishing days are in the past and I enjoyed them when I did so. I would hate it for those that do enjoy tournaments that have in the back of their mind that they have lost and haven't even left the house. Any one caught cheating should not only be fined and jailed but lose there fishing licenses in the state of N.C.
    Last edited by Cape Fear; 08-14-2019 at 05:02 PM.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

Quote Originally Posted by Mako231 View Post
    A polygraph is only about 50% accurate which means its no better than flipping a coin. There is a reason why they are not admissible in court.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    A polygraph is only about 50% accurate which means its no better than flipping a coin. There is a reason why they are not admissible in court.
    Maybe so but I bet there would be a few teams that always do well take a plunge in the standings if it were to happen. I've taken 5 polygraphs for fishing and always passed. Because I dont cheat. Sure are alot of teams out there that win everything coming and going in tournaments that dont polygraph and then suck it up in ones that do. Never see them enter a draw tournament either. While not 100% as you say but would definitely help in my opinion.

One reason I stay away from the big money team tournaments for the most part. I remember maybe 10 years ago when the NBC trail was thriving they found some kind of basket of the same type at 2 different tournaments.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderman View Post
    During the Collins Bass for Cash @ Pembroke Creek Sat. a competitor got hung up and went to retrieve their lure and found they were hung in a fish basket w/ Chubs in it!! Wish i could post a link from the Collins website..No fish from the basket were weighed in during the Tx.. Collins runs a top notch Tx trail and from the posting it sounds like they handled it properly..Hope NÇ Wildlife finds the scum..
    Are chubs some kind of bait fish?

17. Member
    I saw a polygraph change the Greenville trail .

Hate hearing this. Getting beat fairly I can deal with. When I feel as if I'm in a gunfight with a knife...that's tough to swallow.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jerkone View Post
    I saw a polygraph change the Greenville trail .
    How so?

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by csurp View Post
    Are chubs some kind of bait fish?
    Chubs aka bass for you youngns

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast