Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDyer View Post
    What's the odds someone cast right onto a fish basket in the whole of the Albemarle Sound? The guy(s) who put it there can't be brain surgeons.
    Pretty good if it was their time to get caught.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by munchie View Post
    Chubs aka bass for you youngns

Chub is a confusing name for largemouth bass. Meet Mr. Creek Chub.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    I was just looking at a few fellers that consistently win in a team tournament atmosphere and then look on their angler profiles in FLW and zero wins with over 30 tournaments fished
    It really is two totally different formats. At one time I thought the same as you but after years of fishing both I realized they are completely different. In draw tournaments you are looking for 5 decent fish and you can get a check. If you also catch a big one or two you might win. In team tournaments you are looking for 5 of the biggest that either of you can catch. That is the reason the team tournaments almost always weigh more than the draw events. It is very rare that one guys catches all of the fish in a team format and it takes both guys to get it done at the end of the day. That also is the reason it is hard to win a big team event by fishing alone.

I know guys that absolutely suck at draw events because they make poor decisions on the water but if you get them around fish they can catch the fire out of them. Also going 30 times without a win in FLW (BFL) isn't that bad. There are guys that have over 100 events and never came close to a win.

4. Banned
    Always been my luck to invite the Ace to go with me to a tourney at where he has won more than the Yankees only to realize he is no better than me.

Perps likely have gone into hiding for a while but will continue at some point. Probably have cages in other tournament waters they fish. As the saying goes if you see something say something.

6. Banned
    IMG_3538.JPG Pic of a chub that my son caught while small mouth fishing in the New River this past weekend. Kind of looks like a sucker by the way he was holding it but it was a big old horny head chub minnow.

7. Member
    just lets you know there is alot more cheaters than you think. , I found a cage couple years ago in cow creek in the Roanoke, it was sitting on a cypress island , miles from no where, you had to get way back to find it , but we did,
    1996 Javelin 409T DC /225 Johnson Venom

8. Member
    Cheaters are going to cheat

9. Member
    Tournaments are going to actually going to have to start actually giving lie detector test instead of just stating we can give one at any time. During the 'regular' season tournaments and not just their classic.... First, Second, random.... that'll make em think a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos xl NC View Post
    After hearing this, and watching the Mike Long fiasco unfold, I would love to see most trails Collins, Catt and Piedmont Classic have a lie detector test at every event. Then randomly pick 2-3 teams from top 7 or top 10 to take a lie detector.
    No they can’t be used in court....but there still used in FBI, CIA and for top security clearances in Private and public company’s.
    I would pay a extra 5 bucks a entry fee for the expense of the Test.

I was telling my wife about the fish found, she said in this day and age when people Lie, Steal and cheat for 10.00. It’s stupid not to have a Lie Detector at fishing tournaments. Specially the 10,000.00 and Boat give away tourneys.

Hell Bass suspended Luke Clausen over failed lie Detector test.
    $5/angler won't cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by csurp View Post
    Chub is a confusing name for largemouth bass. Meet Mr. Creek Chub.

"Chubs" are 3.5-5.0lb bass, not just bass.

12. Banned
    Agree. You used the term "chub" when you referred to a good bass . Not just any bass. Some use "game changer", hog, toad, etc, etc to describe their catch. Started around here back before or during the era some famous angler used "son" all the time .

13. Member
    chub=fat girls

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

14. Member
    All largemouth were call chubs around here When I was 5 years old. Didn't know any different till years later. 59 now. Maybe a local thing

15. Member
    I call every bass a chub, it’s a little chub or a chub if it’s a good one lol. Just something I got from older guys I fished with back in day.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123