Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lie detectors may be only 50% accurate but IMO it will/could deter possible cheaters....troopers prolly don’t catch 50% of speeders but they deter a lot of would be speeders.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    Lie detectors may be only 50% accurate but IMO it will/could deter possible cheaters....troopers prolly don’t catch 50% of speeders but they deter a lot of would be speeders.
    You are right

3. Member
    After hearing this, and watching the Mike Long fiasco unfold, I would love to see most trails Collins, Catt and Piedmont Classic have a lie detector test at every event. Then randomly pick 2-3 teams from top 7 or top 10 to take a lie detector.
    No they can’t be used in court....but there still used in FBI, CIA and for top security clearances in Private and public company’s.
    I would pay a extra 5 bucks a entry fee for the expense of the Test.

I was telling my wife about the fish found, she said in this day and age when people Lie, Steal and cheat for 10.00. It’s stupid not to have a Lie Detector at fishing tournaments. Specially the 10,000.00 and Boat give away tourneys.

Hell Bass suspended Luke Clausen over failed lie Detector test.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

4. Banned
    I got wind of one incident that happened with Greenville Marine when i started fishing with them years ago. Not sure if it is even the same incident. I was told 2 peoples names but my memory is terrible and can only remember one name from the incident i was told of.

5. Banned
    I have seen many instances over the years where people that had committed murder passed polygraph test and that is a worse crime by far.

You are Exactly right!!!!. Look for the ones that always finish in the top all you have to do is look at past tournaments compare to the last one and see(Self Explanatory)( Past Predicts the Future) but, failed to do so this time because someone was setting on their cage!!!!! I also wonder how some of these guys fishing alone are winning 4-5 tournaments in a row and beating 50 other teams boats ? WOW Got to be one Hell of a fisherman is all I can say.?????????????

7. Banned
    The cheaters know one another, they are actually having a side tournament among themselves, it's called who can catch the most weight and hide it in a basket before the tournament tournament. I bet it takes a good week of solid fishing in the heat of the summer to come up with 35# sacks.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mako231 View Post
    I wish all tournaments would polygraph the top 10.
    I agree

9. Banned
    I was just looking at a few fellers that consistently win in a team tournament atmosphere and then look on their angler profiles in FLW and zero wins with over 30 tournaments fished

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    I was just looking at a few fellers that consistently win in a team tournament atmosphere and then look on their angler profiles in FLW and zero wins with over 30 tournaments fished

That seems about right.

11. Member
    There is no good reason to enter a competition of any kind, if you think cheaters are about.

12. Member
    Polygraphs would help but that is on the back end of the tournament. Some things need to be done on the front end to help detour or make it more difficult to plant baskets of fish. Longer off limit periods leading up to the day of the tournament. Albemarle sound is a huge body of water. Expand the off limit waters 75 miles in any direction from the take off point. Contestants would have to register there tow vehicle and trailer license number on entry forms as well as boat registration. This would help in identifying anyone that maybe using other launching facilities during off limit periods. Tournament participants need to police the sport as there is not many other options to that will.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

If guys are puttin fish in baskets....they damn sure ain’t gonna pay attention to longer or extended off limits. IMO lie detectors do deter on the front side....again, like troopers they deter more than catch.
    www.ncboatguy.com

14. Member
    If someone is going to cheat, there is not many deterrents other than polygraph or stress analysis test. Tarheel Team always tested 1 person off the 1st and 2nd place teams, 1 random person in the top 10 and person who caught the lunker. They did this every tournament not just random events.

YES ^^^^
    www.ncboatguy.com

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rclark1 View Post
    If someone is going to cheat, there is not many deterrents other than polygraph or stress analysis test. Tarheel Team always tested 1 person off the 1st and 2nd place teams, 1 random person in the top 10 and person who caught the lunker. They did this every tournament not just random events.
    And still paid when someone failed. Said wasn't worth lawsuit. Couldn't talk about it in public , only refuse their next entry fee

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    That does look odd sometimes, but its a different atmosphere in the boat, i know Both are tournaments, but its different

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mako231 View Post
    I wish all tournaments would polygraph the top 10.
    I am guessing that's about a 1000.per event.

19. Member
    If guys are puttin fish in baskets....they damn sure ain’t gonna pay attention to longer or extended off limits. IMO lie detectors do deter on the front side....again, like troopers they deter more than catch.
    I'm not saying that a polygraph is not a good idea because I think it will help but if a person has no conscious they will most likely will pass the test or will it read inconclusive. My suggestions is to make things more difficult for those that don't want to play by the rules.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

20. Member
    What's the odds someone cast right onto a fish basket in the whole of the Albemarle Sound? The guy(s) who put it there can't be brain surgeons.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast