Trailering with Attwood Cover

Heading on a 1000 mile trip one way, I have a new to me 2014 721 with the attwood cover. I have one pole to raise the cover up on the side without the console. Cover still seems like it lets a lot of air under the front and sides. I feel like it wouldn’t make it 1000 miles without ripping or something. Is there supposed to be more poles for the front and back deck? I’m used to a custom cover with 5 tie downs on each side that was snug as a bug. Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks

I would suggest wrapping the rubrail with Saran Wrap, underneath the cover, to prevent the cover from rubbing on the fiberglass. I towed my boat with that cover once and had to get the spots where the straps hit the fiberglass buffed out.
    Phoenixed
    2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird Helix 12 Chirp Mega SI
    Humminbird Helix 12 Chirp Mega DI

Use industrial pallet stretch wrap...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    20190813_194324.jpg this is NICE....see if u can order this from tim...and it has a pole for the passenger side(not pictured)
    2020 721 250 mercury 4 stroke

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin M View Post
    20190813_194324.jpg this is NICE....see if u can order this from tim...and it has a pole for the passenger side(not pictured)
    Oh dang, that’s fancy now.

6. Member
    As far as I know all the covers have that system. I know from 2013 on and my 2015, came with it. It has to be used with Phoenix covers to tow. And take your windshield off also.

7. Member
    My 2020 19Phx also came with one like that (with all those straps and two poles). When i picked it up, I had to do a 500 mile run home and he recommend to NOT tow with the cover for the same reason everyone else is mentioning here. The stretch wrap might be a good idea for a one time solution.
    Why not just leave it off? Worked fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinV View Post
    Heading on a 1000 mile trip one way, I have a new to me 2014 721 with the attwood cover. I have one pole to raise the cover up on the side without the console. Cover still seems like it lets a lot of air under the front and sides. I feel like it wouldn’t make it 1000 miles without ripping or something. Is there supposed to be more poles for the front and back deck? I’m used to a custom cover with 5 tie downs on each side that was snug as a bug. Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks
    I tow my 2013 721 with the cover anytime the weather is bad or on a long highway trip to keep the road grime out. I use a pole for the port side that has no console, take the windshield off and lay an old towel over my console 12 inch Lowrance. Never used the plastic wrap thing and have never had any scratches but ya know what they say about an ounce of prevention...drive safe.

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinV View Post
    Oh dang, that’s fancy now.
    This is my setup with the third pole for the port side. It is a awesome setup and have never had a problem towing with the cover. I just towed 1000 miles each way last week without a singe issue. It even poured during the trip.

10. Member
    Where can you get the support system?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixed View Post
    I would suggest wrapping the rubrail with Saran Wrap, underneath the cover, to prevent the cover from rubbing on the fiberglass. I towed my boat with that cover once and had to get the spots where the straps hit the fiberglass buffed out.
    I tow exactly 998 miles from my home to my park home in Okeechobee florida in Nov and return the boat in May. I use the siran wrap and have done this journey for last 5 years. Not a mark on my 2014. I have not tried without siren wrap but that may be OK. I remove windshield and put towels over my TM and seats before I cover. My cover is showing wear but I think that to do with sitting in intense FL sun in March- May. Worry more about your tires is my point of view
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947