Thread: JUST MY LUCK

JUST MY LUCK

I received my set of Power Poles and installed them yesterday. Today I was wiring them up and then started to set them up when I deployed them I heard a squirting sound from the port pole, well right below the pole my garage floor was full of fluid. After investigating the hose that connects to the hydraulic shaft on pole was very loose so I tightened it but there is another fitting I could not reach so I called service and they told me how to get to fitting. They are sending me another quart of fluid also they said there was a production of 40 with loose fittings and not all have been accounted for. As a caution when you first deploy them watch for fluid. Not blaming anyone just a friendly warning. Service did a great job of informing me how to get to fitting.
    2019 Ranger Z 518 L
    200 Merc Pro XS 4 Stroke
    2016 Chaparral 246 SSI
    350 Mercruiser
    On new boat # 10

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by botrdav View Post
    I received my set of Power Poles and installed them yesterday. Today I was wiring them up and then started to set them up when I deployed them I heard a squirting sound from the port pole, well right below the pole my garage floor was full of fluid. After investigating the hose that connects to the hydraulic shaft on pole was very loose so I tightened it but there is another fitting I could not reach so I called service and they told me how to get to fitting. They are sending me another quart of fluid also they said there was a production of 40 with loose fittings and not all have been accounted for. As a caution when you first deploy them watch for fluid. Not blaming anyone just a friendly warning. Service did a great job of informing me how to get to fitting.
    Mistakes happen , its how a company takes care of the problem that counts and Power Pole does it right

3. Member
    Correct and they did a great job helping me out. Glitch aside I am very happy with the power poles now that they are installed and the GREAT service I have received from K&K and Power Pole service. Now I have to get them in the water you can only do so much in the garage and I am glad that I went with the red poles and I will post photos later this week after I get out of garage and I will be posting photos of the install and hopefully it may help someone else.
    2019 Ranger Z 518 L
    200 Merc Pro XS 4 Stroke
    2016 Chaparral 246 SSI
    350 Mercruiser
    On new boat # 10