Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by waknbass View Post
    Skeeter
    I will agree eith you the new SHO powered Skeeters have the quickest holeshot of any modern glass bass boat I have seen...however build quality, handling, rough water ride, fishability and top end speed all leave plenty to be desired IMO
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

My Puma, full of fuel, livewell 1/2 full, partner and his gear is not pretty coming out of the hole. Just me, 1/2 fuel load, no water in livewell, it's a rocket.
    2019 BassCat Puma FTD, Honda 250, Croxton Razor 4XL,Garmin Force, Power Pole Blades & Charge, Atlas JP, Ionic 36v Lithium, K2 Energy Lithium NoCo GenPro10x1, All Garmin Electronics with PanOptics LiveScope

jefflhoman.com

Yes, we assume it’s a 2 stroke engine. In that case stay 25” Fury or go to a different prop for a little less top end. If you have a 25” Fury we suggest it be tweaked by Ronnie Gilbert in LA. Ronnie will vent it and dial in some hole shot.

If your propeller has even been worked on previously, or it sand beaten and damaged, we do not suggest getting that propeller rebuilt. The blades loose pitch and bend in the sand or muck and it very hard to get them right.

4. Member
    what BCB says!!

5. Member
    Under normal circumstances the more forward the fuel tank placement the faster the hole shot,
    But less lift. Top end handling will be different also.
    The earlier model Puma Advantage was known for its quick hole shot and shallow water advantages. Fuel tank was under the seats.
    Hole shot performance is all about weight distribution and the right prop.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Yes, we assume it’s a 2 stroke engine. In that case stay 25” Fury or go to a different prop for a little less top end. If you have a 25” Fury we suggest it be tweaked by Ronnie Gilbert in LA. Ronnie will vent it and dial in some hole shot.

If your propeller has even been worked on previously, or it sand beaten and damaged, we do not suggest getting that propeller rebuilt. The blades loose pitch and bend in the sand or muck and it very hard to get them right.
    What BCB said. I will absolutely stand by Ronnie Gilbert’s work. I have a 2011 Puma FTD, 250XS, 36v, 2-12’ talons , 4 Agms and above average tackle and he tweaked my 25 Fury 3 so my holeshot with just me, wells, and fuel is almost as good as when I had my 2005 Puma 225XS with belly tank. With two people and wells I am just over 5 seconds tx day which I see as really good with my setup. His work also has it like a rocket to 70 mph and helped handling. Best I have been up to was 73 mph 5700 and still learning to drive but much better. Oh yeah...last time out I was amazed at how it stayed on plane at 30 mph going back in the creeks. So yes prop is huge.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jp71291 View Post
    Show me a 20 footer with 52 gallons of fuel and probably 30 gallons of water that does jump out of the hole like a 19 footer with 30 gallons of fuel and probably 20 gallons of water. I don't know of a brand that does that. You're adding roughly 685 lbs to the back of the boat when fully loaded.
    My prior boat was a 920 Phoenix and full load with a 26p Bravo 1 was stupid fast out the hole hardly any bow rise what so ever and up and gone.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

I'm very happy with my 26 Bravo 1 on my 17 Eyra. I'll probably buy a 27 Bravo 1 for the winter. A couple of days ago on Conroe I was at 6000 rpm's, 74 mph, with both fuel tanks full, and temp was only mid 70's so turning a 27 should be easy in the cooler months. Boat has about everything you can get on it, DC, Ultrex, 360, dual PP's. I ran 76 with the Bravo 1 26 under the right conditions. It might not be the fastest prop but it does everything else very well in my opinion.

The Bravo handles so well on my boat and when I put a Fury 3 on it feels like a completely different boat.
    Last edited by C130; 09-27-2019 at 02:19 PM.

9. Member
    PII and Classic are fast on hole shot but 4 of 5 folks I know that have them go to chiropractor after windy days. Their seats on those boats are brutal on kidneys.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    I'm very happy with my 26 Bravo 1 on my 17 Eyra. I'll probably buy a 27 Bravo 1 for the winter. A couple of days ago on Conroe I was at 6000 rpm's, 74 mph, with both fuel tanks full, and temp was only mid 70's so turning a 27 should be easy in the cooler months. Boat has about everything you can get on it, DC, Ultrex, 360, dual PP's. I ran 76 with the Bravo 1 26 under the right conditions. It might not be the fastest prop but it does everything else very well in my opinion.

The Bravo handles so well on my boat and when I put a Fury 3 on it feels like a completely different boat.
    I really want to try one on my SHO and see what the Caracal does. I don’t know what pitch to try probably a 26.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO

Most likely a 25 or 24 on the SHO in 225 as the props are a tidbit overpitches.

12. Member
    2017 Cougar with a 250 mercury and it is a dog out of the hole. It came with a 26 Fury and I tried a 25 and not much change. I had a 2010 Nitro z8 with a 200 and it got out of the hole better than this Cougar. However the ride once on plane and agility is not even comparable. Bass Cat hands down. What I do is idle fast before getting on plane which seems to help some.

The 25 Fury with Ronnie Gilbert putting vent holes and tweaking the hole shot is your answer. The Fury Four blade is also a nice option if you don’t mind dropping a couple MPH.

14. Member
    What pitch Fury 4 would you go with on a 2017 Puma with poles and a Ultrex?

Stay same pitch or 25” on 2 strokes, another good option is dropping a pitch on a three blade Fury and holding more speed and improving hole shot.

Quote Originally Posted by highcalibercat View Post
    What pitch Fury 4 would you go with on a 2017 Puma with poles and a Ultrex?
    I had Ronnie work a prop for me and it was night and day different. I had a 17 puma/ 250 pro xs. poles. 112 fortrex. Loaded down it lifted alot better. Mid range and top end improved also. I really liked the stern lift from the 4 blade on my caracal. So I ended up getting a pair of 25p/4 blade furys for the puma. It tops out around 73-74 mph. And does not care if the boat is loaded or unloaded. I really like it for lower speeds around 45-50 as the fuel economy really picked up a bunch on my nema connection. I will warn you with a quick search you will see alot of fury 4's that have slung blades. I would get a new one if you can, or one that was run once and for sale. I hear alot of guys run it too sub surface or maybe they are popping it out of the water jumping waves, and it shears the blades off. I have not had that happen and I've owned 4 of them over the past 3 years.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123