Feedback Please G3 Sportsman 19

I am looking at buying a well equipped 2018 model and was hoping for some feedback, as the only G3 owners I know, are crappie fisherman who have 18 footers with 115's.

How is the ride compared to other brands of the same size? I'm assuming that this is a mod V hull, not a pad hull? My only experience with aluminum is my dad's 18' Xpress.

This boat has the vinyl flooring as well. Can anyone comment on how well the compartments keep rain out, noise compared to carpet, etc.?

Thanks in advance.
    2015 Phoenix 819

2. Member
    My G3 was horrible it rode horrible and fished horrible, the customer service from the factory was horrible. The boat was slow and was a wet ride. The bear trailer was even worse. It was a 2007 eagle 190 g3, the hull ended up cracking apart, other than that it was a great boat. Maybe the newer ones are better but I bought a 2007 War Eagle right after that and it was night and day different.

3. Member
    I have a 2009 Eagle 180 and haven't had many complaints. Fishes great, no hull issues, and rides as well as most mod v hulls. Dealing with G3 and Bear Trailer is "different". The best way I can describe it is it's like talking to Karl Childers! I've always gotten answers, it sometimes takes a while.
    2009 G3 Eagle 180 / 2009 Yamaha F115 / Minn Kota Maxxum 80 / Helix 7 Chirp SI GPS G2N on Bow & Console

4. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Have a buddy on his second new G3 in the last 4 years and he is hooked for life. About all I can say though. There is a G3 facebook forum you might check out! Good luck !
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

5. Member
    I can give you a few answers on my 1710 Sportsman. The 90hp gives me a quick hole shot and good top end speed. Fuel consumption is a lot less then my glass boat and the same goes for my truck when pulling. I don't see it as being more of a wet ride as compared to any other aluminum boat. I have had no issues with water in the storage boxes and have been in a couple of down pours. I ordered my with the vinyl floor for two reasons. Since it is my river/small lake boat I wanted easy clean up. I also did not want the extra added weight when the carpet is soaked from fishing in the rain. The noise factor is not real big unless you drop something versus sitting it down. I wish they had made the two back deck compartments about 4 inches larger as to accommodate most average size storage boxes. The same thing for for the cooler box up front. I did remove the rod organizers from the rod box to accommodate more rod carrying capacity. Overall I have been very pleased with my G3 Sportsman.
    Last edited by Cape Fear; 08-15-2019 at 01:10 PM.
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

6. Not Banned
    I have a 2018 G3 Sportsman 19 with carpet. I haven't had any issues. The ride is all in the driver as I assume you know. My tourney partner runs a Ranger 519 and he will tell you my boat is better riding than his in heavy chop. It gets up on top of it and does really well. I came from a Skeeter ZX225 and I have to say this is best riding aluminum boat I've ever been in. I haven't been in a big (19-20 foot) padded hull aluminum... just typical mod v boats. I had a Lowe HP pad hull but it was only 17.5 foot. There's no comparison on the G3 ride to it... The G3 is much better. It is a little wet at low speeds if the wind is really heavy due to the way it deflects water... but the wind has to be blowing pretty hard. I'm not running the SHO motor, just the F 150 motor. typical 2 people and loaded will run you from 48-52 mph according to conditions. I've never run it by myself to see what kind of speed it has. I think the fastest I've seen with 2 guys is 53?

I don't have any proof of this as I never specifically looked into it - but I am pretty sure G3 changed their hulls at some time in recent years - maybe after the Eagle model, I do not know.
    My sisters father in law has an older - 2007 I think - 17' G3 Sportsman and it seems to have the same hull and the old Trackers (before the revolution hull) - hardly any "point" on the bow, that sort of thing. The newer ones looked different to me. I could not get anyone at the dealership I was at to actually talk to me (they were busy selling 100K ski boats) - but just from walking around the boat I am going to say the new ones are a different boat than older models.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by delee36 View Post
    I don't have any proof of this as I never specifically looked into it - but I am pretty sure G3 changed their hulls at some time in recent years - maybe after the Eagle model, I do not know.
    My sisters father in law has an older - 2007 I think - 17' G3 Sportsman and it seems to have the same hull and the old Trackers (before the revolution hull) - hardly any "point" on the bow, that sort of thing. The newer ones looked different to me. I could not get anyone at the dealership I was at to actually talk to me (they were busy selling 100K ski boats) - but just from walking around the boat I am going to say the new ones are a different boat than older models.

You are correct the Eagle was very narrow and light. They made an HP hull that saw a much better boat. They even recalled some of the eagles for cracking right where mine did but mine wasnt not included in the recall. I lost all respect for G3 as a company, their dealer support is horrible and the corporate office is a a joke.