Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs Up ALX Rods @ The Tackle Trap including all new 2019 IKOS!

The Tackle Trap is excited to announce that we are now a stocking dealer of ALX Rods! Alex and the team at ALX Rods are very knowledgeable about their products, offer excellent customer service, and build a quality product at their South Carolina factory. A partnership with ALX Rods is a natural fit for us at The Tackle Trap as we also pride ourselves on our knowledge and service. The entire line of the just released 2019 IKOS series is in stock and ready to ship. The extremely popular ZOLO line is also in stock and ready to ship! We hope to become your source for these outstanding ALX Rods. As always, contact us with any questions and we'll be glad to help out. To view these product lines, click the blue links below, Thank you!

256 281 6160 - Monday through Friday 7am to 5pm Central

ALX IKOS 2019 Casting Rods

ALX ZOLO Casting Rods

ALX IKOS 2019 Spinning Rods

ALX ZOLO Spinning Rods

ALX rods are tops. You will not be disappointed in any rod they make.

3. Member
    Awesome!! Toadface is hard to find right now. Glad you had them in stock. Just ordered one. Thanks

4. Member
    Very happy with all of my ALX rods. Skipper and Toadface are great rods.

5. Member
    Great to hear! I've got 6 ALX rods myself. 2 Zolo Todaface's and 4 IKOS series. Love them!!

6. Member

Glad to hear that Alex is a good dude. And makes a heck of a rod.
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

8. Banned
    I wish they didn’t have that hybrid handle, I’d be a buyer with all cork.

For those that have used the Ikos and the Zolo, what would you say the differences are from first hand experience? Is one worth the higher price?

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Send him a email he will make you one just like you like it.
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    For those that have used the Ikos and the Zolo, what would you say the differences are from first hand experience? Is one worth the higher price?
    I have 8 Zolo’s and 1 Ikos. I can’t give you an answer because the 1 Ikos I have is the Hustler which is a glass rod made for cranking and I’m very impressed with it. I can say the Zolo’s are very sensitive to say the least I can buy any rod I want and this is my preferred rod of choice. The customer service is second to none and I place a high value on it.
    Last edited by larryhyco; 08-13-2019 at 08:16 PM.

12. Member
    The way the handles are built your hand lays mostly on the cork, the non cork part protects the edge of the cork from any damage. I find the ALX handles very comfortable but he will make them any you want just give him a call.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pabasshawk View Post
    The way the handles are built your hand lays mostly on the cork, the non cork part protects the edge of the cork from any damage. I find the ALX handles very comfortable but he will make them any you want just give him a call.
    Nevermind.
    Last edited by grout-scout; 08-13-2019 at 08:38 PM.

14. Member
    I have 2 IKOS Promise 73's, 2 IKOS Buzz 7's and 2 ZOLO Toadface's. I bought the 4 IKOS rods first, then a Toadface. I loved the Toadface so much I had to buy another. All are different types of rods so it would be difficult to make a comparison based on IKOS vs. ZOLO. But here's my experience.......The Promise 73 is one bad ass, all around do almost anything rod. Although all of them feel SUPER light in my hands, the Toadface feels even lighter. If I was comparing the Buzz 7 to the Toadface, I would say there is no comparison between the two except maybe the Buzz and Toadface feel close to the same in weight? I would spend the extra money without a doubt to get the Toadface since it's probably designed to do anything the Buzz can do and then some. Again, I can't compare the Toadface to the Promise 73. I hope that all made sense. Lol! Just go buy some and good luck!!

15. Member
    Alex will make this you. All you have to do is ask.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

Good looking sticks...

17. Member

No wonder that ZOLO Toadface is such a popular rod... It has a great balance of power and versatility. This one was caught on the new Molix Supernato Frog paired up with a Daiwa Tatula SV TW. She choked it behind some lay downs in thick grass, the Toadface had enough power to get her up and out in a hurry. These are some really fine rods in their respective price ranges no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    No wonder that ZOLO Toadface is such a popular rod... It has a great balance of power and versatility. This one was caught on the new Molix Supernato Frog paired up with a Daiwa Tatula SV TW. She choked it behind some lay downs in thick grass, the Toadface had enough power to get her up and out in a hurry. These are some really fine rods in their respective price ranges no doubt.

That's pretty solid! Nice one Gary!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast