Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Mine is the pflueger patriarch 9525.

2. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by padronanniversary View Post
    i have a stella fj and also a daiwa exist. love the stella so much more, the drag on the exist is better thiugh
    I feel the same way about my Stella FJ and my Certate LT, I also added two bearings to my Certate LT to make it the same as the Exist LT.

The Stella is the best spinning reel I have ever owned PERIOD

4. Moderator
    Stradic 3000

Adding bearings to a Certate LT doesn't make it the same as the Exist LT, not at all. The Stella FJ is a great reel indeed, but the Exist LT is the clear winner in my hands. I sold my Stellas when I got my first Exist LT and I have been a loyal Stella user for many, many years. Anyone getting the flagship Daiwa or Shimano is going to get a quality product regardless, we all have what feels right to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    I feel the same way about my Stella FJ and my Certate LT, I also added two bearings to my Certate LT to make it the same as the Exist LT.

The Stella is the best spinning reel I have ever owned PERIOD

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    Adding bearings to a Certate LT doesn't make it the same as the Exist LT, not at all. The Stella FJ is a great reel indeed, but the Exist LT is the clear winner in my hands. I sold my Stellas when I got my first Exist LT and I have been a loyal Stella user for many, many years. Anyone getting the flagship Daiwa or Shimano is going to get a quality product regardless, we all have what feels right to us.
    Agree with Gary. The Exist in my opinion is superior to the Stella. I do not like the thin bail wire on the Shimanos and I have owned a stella . I would take a Certate over a Stella any day. Certate just feels super powerful and flawless . The Exist has no competition!
    Chris Beverly
    2005 Champion 206 Mercury Verado 275!!!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by golfpro307 View Post
    Agree with Gary. The Exist in my opinion is superior to the Stella. I do not like the thin bail wire on the Shimanos and I have owned a stella . I would take a Certate over a Stella any day. Certate just feels super powerful and flawless . The Exist has no competition!
    I third this. Exist LT > Stella FJ.

If I buy a Exist and its not SIMPLY AMAZING I'm gonna be pretty bummed.

I do love my stella and certate.

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    If I buy a Exist and its not SIMPLY AMAZING I'm gonna be pretty bummed.

I do love my stella and certate.
    It is simply amazing.

Any potential Exist LT customers keep one thing in mind about when and where you buy your Exist LT. ONLY the US version has a LIFETIME WARRANTY, free lifetime cleaning/service plan, and expedited return shipping when purchased new from an authorized Daiwa USA dealer. Bryan is the reel tech at The Tackle Trap and is one of only a handful of Exist LT certified Daiwa techs in the US should anything happen to the reel, or just when it needs a cleaning and service. Check out all the details of this incredible reel directly at the Daiwa website linked below. It goes into detail about what is without a doubt the BEST warranty/service plan on any reel in the world.

DAIWA EXIST INFORMATION PAGE

10. Member
    I'd be looking for the reel that best balances the rod on my index finger when fishing the rod/reel.

oe

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by txdyna65 View Post
    Ive been real happy with my Shimano Ultegra
    I have a Saros, which was the predecessor of the Ultegra, so when I added another spinning rod to my collection I put an Ultegra on it. It's an awesome reel. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better reel at its price point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12