Question for Yam911

A few months back I attempted to get water pressure on my SHO 250 to my analog dash gauge. It never worked. I put the plug adapter in at the rear of the motor (same place where the gold plated sensor goes), new WP hose & nothing, just like it isn't hooked up. Also, tried 2 new gauges. No luck. I ave NEMA from the motor to my HDS 12 g3 but can't see paying Yamaha's price for the sensor. No yet anyway. Was wondering if I missed hooking up something or it's just sorry & won't work. I do know the WP on the SHO is weird also.
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. Member
    Strange that you would be having this problem IMO. A pretty simple system.

With the tube from the fitting at the back of the motor disconnected do you see water flowing out while the motor is running at a fast idle? You should.

With the tube on the fitting connected but with the tube disconnected at the gauge are you seeing water flow through and out of the tube?

Hard to believe that all three gauges would be defective. Have you tried blowing like hell into the gauge to see if the needle moves?

I agree, this is a pretty simple system. I haven't tried disconnecting the hose at the back of the motor but definitely will give it a try next time out. I can blow through it with it connected to the gauge or disconnected. So maybe it is with motor for some strange reason.
    Thanks

4. Member
    Only thing I can think of is the port on the block is clogged.

Is this a fresh water or salt water motor?

totally fresh. Yamaha replaced the power head in 2012 ( 2009 model), hasn't worked since then. Yamaha techs told me " as long as it's peeing, don't worry about it". You just can't beat Einstein logic, lol. Motor runs great, never a problem with it.