Atlas Jackplate Issue

Afternoon fellas,
    Just bought a 14 920 and love it so far. Had champion and ranger previously and am amazed at ride of this hull. However, my jackplate stopped working Saturday. Can you guys point me in the right direction for where the relay is or where the transition happens from the blue/green wires from pump to the switch wires? Assuming factory rigging and a standard way of doing it. I can't find it in the rigging compartment or behind dash. Pulled switch panel and didn't see anything there either. Any thoughts or suggestions on where else to look? I jumped the blinker switch and nothing happened.

Thanks!
    Last edited by GA198; 08-13-2019 at 02:26 PM.

2. Member
    If you disconnect the blue and green wires, where the connect to the relay leads, you can try touching them directly to the battery post. It if moves up reverse the wires to see if it goes down. If it does neither, or has a big spark, your motor may be fried. Happened to me.

If it works, start looking for loose connections by following the wiring. Start with the wiring that comes from the motor and through to the rear compartment. Then just follow it to the relay’s. I had mine quit a second time and it was a loose wire where I had connected the blue green wires with butt splices. Used solder and shrink tubing last time. Works great.

3. Member
    MG,
    Any idea where they installed the relay and what it it looks like. I can't seem to find. I saw something attached to the transition, but I believe that was the timer. It was a sealed resin case about the size of a deck of cards.

My relay was inside the main power switch box by the batteries

5. Member
    Had the same thing happen to mine on two different boats. Both times it was the relay

When you find it, replace it with the Bob's relay unit, same hole pattern for mounting, but the blue and green wires will be reversed. Cured my Atlas issues.

7. Member
    Well, id'd the relay and it is what I thought was the livewell timer. Unscrewed and trapped on it a couple of times and it started working. Guess I'll be ordering a new one, but I suspect a sketchy fuse assembly as well, so replacing both. Thanks for the help!