300XS one long beep (3-5 seconds) and low starboard oil on merc monitor

Don, Savage, someone, help
    Motor model 193247BIH
    Serial 1E053058

Launched this morning and idled out for about 10 minutes. Took off on plane and after a couple of minutes had one long 3 to 5 second beep, and merc monitor said low oil on starboard side. Shut down and retried several times and it still does it, usually after about 30 seconds of running.

Merc monitor says zero oil on starboard tank. Both starboard tank and motor tank are full. After the alarm I did run for a couple of miles without beeping but merc monitor still said no oil.

What could cause this? Is it safe to run?

2. Member
    If there is oil in the reserve tank on the motor, then it is safe to run.
    Sounds like a problem with the sensor/float in the remote oil tank.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    This needs to be checked/addressed. Either the oil level in the engine-mounted oil tank really IS low, or there is a problem with the float in the tank.

Engine Guardian is attempting to protect the engine by limiting your available power.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Both tanks are full, with zero air in the motor tank. How would I check the float? What would happen if my boat tank were filled to the neck?
    I've already checked the lines for any kinks or pinch points.

Also, I can't find any info on a single long beep.

Best regards

Mine did the exact same thing today my mechanic said the same thing that the float is prob messing up but I noticed a clicking noise as the day went on and starting to get louder so idk what’s going on
    2015 Phoenix 721 2015 250 Proxs

6. Member
    A continuous or steady tone (not a beep) is a CRITICAL alarm.

Do you have the optional float/level sensor assy and required harness for your REMOTE (in boat) tank? Look for two wires on the same cap with the pressure and oil hoses. If no wires, you do not have the remote sensor assy/harness and need to go into MM Settings and turn that feature "OFF".

Since this oil alarm concerns oil supply to the engine I would NOT run the engine again until properly diagnosed - WARNING HORN "BEEPED"

Tylerl92 - unless you also have the optional remote tank sensor assy and harness, your mechanic's comments are most likely for the engine reservoir. Please see forum Announcement and open a thread for your engine.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

7. Member
    I do not have the sensor assy for the in boat tank. I had the boat worked on recently, replacing all hoses and valves, the gas tank had to come out, and the batteries disconnected. I"m wondering if that changed the settings.

8. Member
    Suppose it could be possible, a quick run through Settings would confirm.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Remote Tank Faults (Fuel or Oil) will not result in a WARNING HORN (they simply display a Smartcraft Fault).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

10. Member
    My remote tank does not have a float in it. After installing smartcraft it instantly said low oil starboard side. I checked out and found out it no sensor or float. Just changed parameter and went on
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823