Etect 225 HP Raker II 26p to Fury 4 25p

Bit the bullet and bought the Fury 4 25p for my 2006 Etec 225 HO. I noticed that the splines stick out (showing) about 3/8"-1/2". Sleeve on Raker II was flush with end of splines. This doesn't seem normal, pulled it back off and put the Raker II back on. Just wonder if anyone has had to install an additional spacer? This just doesn't seem correct even if additional spacer is required. Hub kit for Fury to Etec is 8M0119081. See pic

Fury 4 splines showing.jpg

2. Member
    Following as I’m considering the same switch and interested in outcome. OP, as a side question, what boat you running?

Z20. Opted for Fury for hole shot. Every since i installed Talons holeshot is very sluggish

There is a splined spacer in the kit that goes on before the nut.

5. Member
    Did you get the flo torq hub kit new for it? If you did all the parts shown above should be in the kit and used for installing the prop and you have to use all of them.

Could not get to a good bite on the splines with the spacer. Will check this eve to assure the thrust washer seated correctly to the prop.
    Last edited by Bass_Junky; 08-13-2019 at 01:37 PM.

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    have a fury 4 on a 200 ho etec no issue with using the splined spacer Have to make sure the prop is all the way seated against the thrust washer once it is you will have plenty of bite on the splines. be sure the nylon sleeve is all the way in. It is correct.

Mdtrtn21 see original post for hub kit #.

If I remember correctly I think mine came with a washer that was needed between the splined spacer and the nut as well but don't quote me on that as I'm not 100%.

Thanks to all for responses and input. I discovered I made an ass'y error. It happens if you rush to get'r done.

Thanks to all for responses and input.
    Last edited by Bass_Junky; 08-14-2019 at 04:20 AM.

12. Member
    Ha! Wish I would Han seen this early this am when I was scratching my head I’ver this very issue. The instructions in the flo-torque box did not show the splined washer.

13. Member
    I was wondering if you could let me know how the new prop performs ,I have a z20 225 etec and it's slow getting on plane since I installed 36 volt trolling motor, thanks

Please let us know how the new Fury compares to the Raker. thanks