04 Tracker Avalanche 115 classic set up.

Hello,

I own an 04 Avalanche with a 04 115 classic on the back (I know, way under powered).

The motor runs great, but... I'm getting maybe 30 mph out of it, I only get to about 4400rpm on the gauge... Doesn't seem correct.

I don't think the motor height is set up correctly. The motor is currently positioned vertically as far down as it will go on the mounts. Would raising the motor help get the RPM's up to where they should be? Would a jack plate add benefit?

also, What prop does everyone recommend for this boat and motor combination?

On a side note, my buddy wants to pick up an Avalanche. If anyone knows of one for sale on the west coast PM me.

2. Member
    You might want to start with a digital tach to very RPM. From looking it up online out appears the 115 has a WOT RPM of 4750 - 5250 RPM. Depending on your prop pitch and the load, you might not have much room left. I can tell you that my Avalanche actually is a touch slower with my 6" hydraulic plate. The Avalanche hull has setback built in. I kept the plate for running a little more safely in shallow water.

If you have the means, I think you'd find it a much more enjoyable ride with a 150hp or 175hp on the back. I think they can be found in a similar vintage to yours for $3k ish. I'm not positive but I'd hazard a guess your controls, harness and gauges are compatible. You could sell your 115 and recoup some cost. You'd obviously want to verify compatibility before jumping.

There's not a ton of these boats around and info can be scarce. You can message pmgoffjr. He might have some insight based on what I believe is extensive experience in the industry.

Welcome to the Avalanche club! I think there's about 5 of us that I've seen on here!
    2004 Tracker Avalanche with 150 Mercury XR6

3. Member
    i always liked those boats, and have wondered why tracker never pursued that style further. i guess the cost was just too much on them new.