Epoxied in transducer

Has anyone else epoxied in a transducer into the little tray in an XB2003? This would be in the tray for "shooting thru the hull" located behind the back seat area in the bilge just in front of the livewell. I have had one epoxied in there and now I need to get it out because it is no longer working. I'm looking for suggestions on how to remove it. It is in a VERY tough spot to access it for removal.

I would get a long extension and a hammer and give it a couple of good whacks and it should pop loose.

3. Member
    A sharp wood chisel works pretty good to chip the epoxy out but if it is the original it may be silicon. That is what Allison used for the flasher puck from the factory on my 2000 model. When I wanted to move it over to add another puck it was a tough job getting that big glob of rubber out.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandLakeGAR View Post
    A sharp wood chisel works pretty good to chip the epoxy out but if it is the original it may be silicon. That is what Allison used for the flasher puck from the factory on my 2000 model. When I wanted to move it over to add another puck it was a tough job getting that big glob of rubber out.
    Thank you, it is actually not the original silicon. I had this transducer epoxied in about 5 years ago. I will try the wood chisel, but not much room to operate in down there..........lol.

5. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Just beat it out bob without hitting the surrounding area. Chisel or anything that you can get at the sides of it. Since you are not trying to remove an already working ducer it doesn't matter if ya bust it apart.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

Did you get it out without breaking the tray? Curious as I put one in the bilge because the tray was full but it has come loose so I want to utilize the tray.