Merc vst gasket kit?

1996 200hp mercury efi
    SN 0G318842

I've got a leak at one of the posts for a pump (picture shows where leak is that I discovered yesterday). Is there a gasket kit for the vst? I can't seem to find one.

TIA
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1995 Champion 190 dcx Elite

Most vst parts are no longer available(nla). The +/- posts use orings to seal. Get an oring kit from harbor freight, nitrile kit if I remember right. There is also a top hat oring.

You will need the gasket between top/bottom halves of vst once you split it. Dont try to reuse it as it expands once removed. You will need to remove the high pressure hose from top of vst, new oetiker hose clamp and oetiker pliers or nipper pliers to re-install.

Dont over tighten nuts for +/- posts, wire holders are plastic and will crack and they extend into pump to seal around orings, then you have a bigger leak and more nla parts. If you crack them, buy a cheap pump, take post parts off new pump and put on your pump, throw new pump in trash....

Vst is difficult to work with and seal. You could take it off and send to don, he will seal it up and include the oetiker clamps when returned
    1999 ProGator 190V
    200 Mercury EFI 0G843298

3. Member
    I'm in Canada, so shipping stateside isn't an option. Too $$$

I've seen a few youtube videos, looks pretty straightforward

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    As suggested, utilizing Nitrile O-Rings is a good idea (you can likely find a generic kit through several outlets). There is a "Connection Kit" you can buy but it is out there in the wild blue yonder, price wise.

We can still get "most" parts for the VST, and I have a few that I have "squirreled" away for emergencies.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    As suggested, utilizing Nitrile O-Rings is a good idea (you can likely find a generic kit through several outlets). There is a "Connection Kit" you can buy but it is out there in the wild blue yonder, price wise.

We can still get "most" parts for the VST, and I have a few that I have "squirreled" away for emergencies.
    I happened to find the problem. The black caps o ring had flattened out. Used a senko worm o-ring, out some 2-4-c on it. No leak! Might have to do main gasket tho. Might use gasket sealer as I can't get the oetker clamps off
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Member
    be really careful with the top hoses with clamps on them,they are over $100 for them two hoses

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post
    be really careful with the top hoses with clamps on them,they are over $100 for them two hoses
    Tried to remove them, got scared tho lol

8. Member
    Seemed to have found the other problem lol20190815_173704.jpg

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Yup... Houston, that's definitely a problem!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor