Question Rangertrail bunk support adjustment

The center bunks on this (new to me) trailer are set up so that all the weight is on the center/keel adjacent bunks and the bow roller, while the outer bunks are not/barely touching. The outers are adjustable in approximately 3/4" multiples. What % of the hull weight should ideally be carried where?

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota

2. mikesxpress
    That was Rangers design on the older boats to use the center bunks as primary support. While this makes loading easier it doesn't adequately support the hull while trailering. If you replace the carpet with Gatorbak the gap becomes even more pronounced and you can see the hull list to one side. Initially I added a 3/8" thick aluminum shim to each of the outside supports on my 2009 Z21 Intracoastal (no adjustments on my trailer) to obtain even weight distribution. I have since replaced the galvanized steel angle brackets with 1/4" thick stainless brackets with the swivel hole placed 3/8" lower.
    The later model hulls are now evenly supported on all 4 boards.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    ... I have since replaced the galvanized steel angle brackets with 1/4" thick stainless brackets with the swivel hole placed 3/8" lower.
    Thank you for the reply. You've moved some % of the weight onto the outer bunks then? My to-do list includes replacing the angle clips (I've got some significant corrosion going there). I'll have the option of dialing-in the mount height (maybe use some 1.5"x3" angle instead of the existing 1.5x1.5, etc).

4. mikesxpress
    The goal is even weight distribution across all boards.

My SS brackets.
    https://imgur.com/RWpYtdu

5. Member
    those look sweet.

6. mikesxpress
    Any machine shop can make them as long as they have a HD press brake.