airmar tm150 and AI 3n1 on Carbon?

can you run these 2 transducers on a carbon? I got the blue plug tm150 on ch1 and the AI 3n1 on ch2. with everything hooked up the downscan and sidescan is blank. unhook tm150 and they work.

2. Member
    the two should run together just fine. sounds like a settings problem/issue. i have run the TM150 and a totalscan on my carbon with no issues.

3. Member
    Yes you can. 3 in 1 goes to the black port and channel 2, TM150M goes to the blue port (channel 1). The rest is (probably) a question of using correct source/ channel.

4. Member
    Under settings, make sure the correct transducer is chosen for the application. In your case, channel 2 for side scan. Make sure the "multi-source" is set to Yes. Whenever you have the sonar page up, make sure it is showing the correct channel - either 1 or 2.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keoweeskeeter View Post
    Under settings, make sure the correct transducer is chosen for the application. In your case, channel 2 for side scan. Make sure the "multi-source" is set to Yes. Whenever you have the sonar page up, make sure it is showing the correct channel - either 1 or 2.
    i tried changing the multi source and nothing seem to change it. on the sonar page i can switch between the tm150 and the 3n1 on sonar. still no downscan or sidescan. on a structure scan page the source say this unit. on installation page it shows tm150 on ch1 and 3n1 on ch 2. any ideas on what to try next?

6. Member
    Hit the Pages button, and just select a downscan window (nothing else, no sonar). Then go to the menu button. It should show the downscan running on channel 2. If not, change it to channel 2. Does that get you a downscan image? Same process with side scan. This may just be terminology, but on the Carbon downscan and sidescan are separate options not under sonar (which is traditional 2d images).

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keoweeskeeter View Post
    Hit the Pages button, and just select a downscan window (nothing else, no sonar). Then go to the menu button. It should show the downscan running on channel 2. If not, change it to channel 2. Does that get you a downscan image? Same process with side scan. This may just be terminology, but on the Carbon downscan and sidescan are separate options not under sonar (which is traditional 2d images).
    I did that. just a downscan page up under source button it says "this unit" nothing else. no where did i see channel 2 listed just this unit

8. Member
    I'm assuming your on HDS Carbon 18.3-61.1.123 or higher software which is required for Active Imaging. Or you will only have access to 2D sonar.

But what S/W level are you running?
    Last edited by LittleGazoo; 08-14-2019 at 11:42 AM.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleGazoo View Post
    I'm assuming your on HDS Carbon 18.3-61.1.123 or higher software which is required for Active Imaging. Or you will only have access to 2D sonar.

But what S/W level are you running?
    I thought i was running the next one higher but turns out it was 18.2 at the front so software update fixed it. i hate the numbering system they use. So do you lose the ability to change frequency on downscan??? theres nothing in the spot to change it??? i can change sidescan frequency.

10. Member
    3-in-1 transducer Structurescan will run at 455 or 800 khz. Downscan runs fixed frequency only, so no option to change.

Also you need to maintain different frequencies on 3-in-1 2D and TM150 when both are active.
    I use the 3-in-1 200khz. I use either the TM150 chirp frequencies(95-155 kHz) or Custom 105 khz.

You can name each transducer under the 2D Sonar settings which can help when selecting your 2D sources.
    Last edited by LittleGazoo; 08-14-2019 at 06:53 PM.

11. Member
    Under the sonar setup, name everything so it makes sense to you. For example, I named my TM150 "Airmar". Helps me not get confused when switching between transducers and settings instead of the default "Channel 1", etc.