Unhappy 2003 ficht 200 fuel pump help!

I have a 2003 evinrude 200hp ficht e200fplstm
    my high pressure fuel pump has locked up and quit working, every oem supplier i have talked to says the oem carter pump (5004429) has been discontinued and there is no replacement for it!
    i have searched and can not find an aftermarket. I really only need the pump, the vst tank with the float and everything else seems to be fine.
    i would appreciate any info on either obtaining a pump that i can instal into the vst tank or even maybe a new assembly i can retro fit?

I think you will need to buy used. Call Evinrude and see if you can get a list of long time dealers around the country and start making phone calls. Try Barnicle Bills for one in NJ, ask for Joe.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

3. Member
    Not what i was hoping to hear lol i hate buying anything electronic used

4. Member
    Leaders RPM still has them — might be worth a shot to call to confirm. It’s expensive but at least you know you have brand new parts. I had to replace my assembly last year and ordered from them.

https://leadersrpmshop.com/johnson-e...SABEgI_v_D_BwE

Otherwise I’ll text my buddy to see if he still has his spare and if he’s willing to part with it.

5. Member
    I tried calling leaders today but didnt get an answer, they may have been closed already. Ill try again tomorrow. Thanks

6. Member
    Also the pump from leader is part #5004428 and is listed for 175hp and smaller. Looks identical though?

7. Member
    If you can try to bleed down the high pressure from the pump ! Take the pump itself off , then shake it a bit hot wire it to a battery ! I did this with mine and at first it did not do anything, then I tapped it with the but end of a screw driver, and it started to make noise, then it spewed out fuel ! Now it runs fine ! I believe mine was gummed up with ethanol sludge, because it was pretty nasty the crap that came out ! I still had to get a new one because the finish had started peeling inside the vapor tank ! But the pump it self still works ! Sorry but mine is for a ficht 150 so won't fit yours !

8. Member
    Wound up buying a new etec pump for about $450. Waiting for it to show up to see how complicated its going to be to retrofit it

Quote Originally Posted by Dtsmoto View Post
    Wound up buying a new etec pump for about $450. Waiting for it to show up to see how complicated its going to be to retrofit it
    Curious to see how it goes.
    Eddie
    2017 Phoenix 920 Pro XP Mercury 250 Pro XS

10. Member
    I may have one lying around